Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maryana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2011, 10:36 PM
    Trouble with recirculating pump?
    I forgot to turn off the recirculating pump while flushing the hot water heater. When I turned the water heater back on and opened the faucets black water and sediment flowed through every faucet. I later realized the recirculating pump was still running so I turned it off, let the faucets run, then turned the recirculating pump back on. Did I damage the recirculating pump by doing this?

Check out some similar questions!

Recirculating pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Armstrong Astro 25BS 1/2 recirculating pump hooked up to the plumbing in my new house. I am not getting hot water at the tap until I run the water for awhile so the pump is obviously not working. Is there any way to troubleshoot it or do I just need to replace it and have a plumber...

Recirculating pump running all the time [ 14 Answers ]

I removed a pre-existing recirc pump installed a new one, now I can here it in the bedroom and now it takes awhile to get hot to my kitchen sink also is there a piggyback thermostat

Recirculating Pump Installation [ 4 Answers ]

What is the proper and UBC method of installing a recirculating pump? A plumber submitted an estimate of $400 to correct what he called an improper existing installation. Currently the return line from the recirculating pump is plumbed into the cold water intake line at the top of the hot water...

Hot Water recirculating pump [ 5 Answers ]

Howdy again, The hot water takes a long time to heat up due to the length of run from the water heater. So... Would installing a recirculating pump be a good idea? I have seen a type which connects the hot and cold and pushed the water from the hot side to the cold until it gets warm...

Recirculating pump [ 4 Answers ]

I have a recirculating line running into my hot water heater. I know for a fact that it has not had a pump attached to it for 20 years. I do not know if there was a problem with the line before or if the pump just bit the dust and was taken off. Should I be concerned about attaching a pump and...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.