Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rosina3 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2011, 10:12 AM
    Interview Question
    I have a question about an interview. I went in for an interview and at the end of it all the interviewer asked me to call him back on a specific date. I don't know if this is a good thing or bad. But why do some recruiters use this technique? Any input would be good. Thanks.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 19, 2011, 12:04 PM
    I'm guessing it takes the burden off him. He may have interviewed 30 people (or more) for this job and for other jobs and is exhausted over all this. If each interviewee calls him, he won't have to make all those calls.

Nov 19, 2011, 12:53 PM
    That's true u have a point there. But don't u think that if someone didn't want to hire you that they would tell u that they'll call u if they wish to go on with the application? Because I know that when an employer's not interested that they wouldn't even bother calling u let alone asking u to call them especially the ones that aren't professional enough, they won't even give you an answer so you could move on! What do u think?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 19, 2011, 01:06 PM
    If they are interested in you, they will call you before that date he gave you and will schedule a second interview with someone else or tell you you're hired. If you haven't heard anything in a month, I would guess you weren't hired. During that month, though, be busy sending out resumes, filling out apps, and going on interviews.

People who have been interviewed will ask me, "I was interviewed x days ago. How will I find out if I'm hired? I can't just sit here twiddling my thumbs." So now I always tell people I help with resumes and preparing for job interviews to always get at the end of the interview a promise of an email or phone confirmation of yes or no.

Nov 19, 2011, 01:37 PM
    Hi, OK thanks for the info. I was interviewed on Friday(which was yesterday) and He told me to call him on Monday and he also mentioned with that that he wants to hire someone as soon as possible so that he could start training. What do u think of this?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 19, 2011, 01:43 PM
    Do you know how many people he was interviewing? Did you feel good about the interview?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 19, 2011, 01:46 PM
    That quick of a time from Friday to Monday sounds positive to me. He may have decided at the interview that he wants to hire you but was still obliged to do more interviews (because they were already scheduled).

I hope you get the job!

Nov 19, 2011, 01:48 PM
    I'm not sure how many people he was interviewing and I did feel good because I have related experience. Also I made a stupid spelling mistake on my resume and I realized that after I submitted it but I got called for an interview anyway! However he did bring my spelling mistake up during the interview and told me that he knew I was typing too fast and that he does know that I know how to spell. So I am a bit worried lol. Usually I hear that when employers see mistakes, that that's a chance gown down the drain right there.

Nov 19, 2011, 01:51 PM
    Thanks! I really hope that I do to!

Nov 19, 2011, 01:52 PM
    Sorry I meant *too lol
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 19, 2011, 01:57 PM
    Even though he brought it up, he excused it for you too. He could have not mentioned it and crossed you off the possibility list. I think it was a good sign he mentioned it.

Did you misspell something important like the company name?

Nov 19, 2011, 02:05 PM
    No instead of "References" I put in "Refrences" lol.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 19, 2011, 02:08 PM
    A typo could have been worse than that one. Next time that happens, tell the interviewer it was your check to see if anyone actually reads the resume.

I will be waiting on pins and needles to find out Monday or Tuesday what happens!

Nov 19, 2011, 02:12 PM
    That's true. Maybe he liked me? Hopefully enough that he would hire me. Fingers crossed. Lol.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 19, 2011, 02:18 PM
    Fingers and toes crossed here. I feel good about this one. Don't forget to report back!

Nov 19, 2011, 02:19 PM
    Hopefully it works out. Thanks! Ok.
    Rkanovac77 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2011, 05:25 PM
    In my books that means you got a job.
    If they asked you during the interview what kind of payroll you expect, or told you how much they usually pay for that position, then you can consider that note as you're hired.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interview Question [ 1 Answers ]

Why do you want to be an Equity Derivatives Trader Trainee?

Answer for this interview question [ 2 Answers ]

Describe an occasion when you have had to be proactive and use your intitive to get the task done and what made it successful

Legal interview question [ 6 Answers ]

Can an employer ask if you have been arrested for a misd. Or felony in an initial interview prior to being hired? Thanks in advance for your response.

Interview question tell me something about you ? [ 7 Answers ]

If the interviewer ask this Question ? What should be the reply ? One Should Say about Personal life ,Educational Qulification ,Or Working Experience

View more questions Search