Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ruuki Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2011, 11:10 PM
    What is the difference between Skin,Lightening,Brightening,Bleaching and Whitening?
    I know this sounds abit dumb but...

I thought Lightening and Brightening were the same thing?
    And same with Bleaching and Whitening? Ehehe >_>;; I just.. really don't know
    But if anything I feel like understanding this would help me shop for products better so it helps me more to get
    Exactly what I need

Please help XD
    kunlefob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2012, 01:57 AM
    Skin brighteners are used to to remove dull or tired looking skin and bring out your original skin tone... it will have a lightening effect but will not lighten you more than you're your original skin tone.

Skin lighteners can also do the work of a brightener and but can also lighten you more than your real skin tone that is if you want, so using skin lighteners for a short term is advisable if all you want is to recover your real skin tone.. is just that a skin lightener will achieve the result faster than a brightener in getting your real skin tone.

Skin bleach is to have a different color entirely... to be white. Hope that helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin whitening/lightening.THE SAFE WAY! Join the natural movement. [ 306 Answers ]

Ok this thread is for all people using safe and natural products who are willing to keep the board members updated with their results. If you use Bio Claire or anything that contains hydroquinone, mercury, or any other harmful ingredients, this thread is NOT FOR YOU! If your are using a product...

Woking mechanism of skin whitening cream and bleaching [ 1 Answers ]

What is the working mechanism of skin whitening cream and bleaching agents

What's the difference between lightening, whitening and bleaching? [ 3 Answers ]

...... and im trying to follow what you all were saying about mixing. i am brown skinned and wanted to bring the underarms, knees, toes to my reddish brown color THEN bring up color 1 or maybe 2 shades. subtly and still be brighter and a little cuter. don't get me wrong, my reddish brown skin is...

View more questions Search