Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rich221959 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2011, 10:57 PM
    Using California Small Claims Courts To Sue For Emotional Pain and Suffering Caused
    Can California Small Claims Courts Be Used To Sue My County Social Worker, For Emotional Pain and Suffering, for concealing false allegations of sexual harassment brought against me by a fired homecare provider, and presuming my guilt?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 19, 2011, 03:07 AM
    What price are you putting on all of this?

Usually you would hire a lawyer, make sure you have some money behind you to start a case. No, I don't think small claims is the venue to start a case such as this.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 19, 2011, 03:33 PM
    "Emotional pain and suffering" damages are only awarded in connection with very serious emotional trauma. As such, if it's serious enough to warrant recovery, the amount would be well above any small claims jurisdiction. Therefore the answer is "no". You could sue for it, but the chances of recovering a judgment are right up there with the survival chances of the proverbial snowball in Hell.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2011, 04:11 PM
    You will need to first prove the money loss, fired from a job, denied promotion, so what damage can you prove?

But agree, small claims court is not where this goes,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain and suffering in small claims court? [ 4 Answers ]

My brother suffer from a painful illness in which smell from cooking, perfume and some cleaning product etc bring him migraine headache, he is on disability but not for this matter at all but. Over the time in the house they agree on installing an fan smell extractor over the time they were not...

Can I sue for pain & suffering from my housemate, his actions caused me a lot stress [ 2 Answers ]

I have a room mate whom I have given a month's notice to move out, after the notice, he has become very rude towards me & my family he even threatened me and he smokes marijuana everyday, I'm really scared for my life cause ever since this happened, I can't sleep at night and it has affected my...

In small claims court how much can you sue for pain and suffering in the state of il [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a situation where a man that I thought loved me convinced me to move out of state leaving my friends, family, job, and my home to be with him. Within a month of me moving and preparing to find work, he decides to move out within in a month of moving in the house without notice to go and...

Can you sue for pain and suffering in small claims court, California, for a tooth [ 8 Answers ]

Can I sue for the dental bill PLUS pain and suffering. My tooth was broken out when I was eating olives by a large piece of metal that was in the can. I had to get a crown. Can I sue for the cost of the crown plus an additional amount for pain and suffering? I'm in California.

Small claims in IL for accident-can I sue for pain and suffering and how much? [ 3 Answers ]

I was in an accident almost 2 years ago and got hit head on by a drunk driver. Hurt my wrist and was out of work for 2 months. He refuses to pay for my lost wages and I want them back. I was wondering if I can also sue for pain and suffering and for how much?

View more questions Search