Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danbracey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2011, 07:16 PM
    Hot water base board heat
    My circulator started leaking whin I fired up my heat for the first time this year. I replaced the water circulator refilled the system to 20 lbs the result, half of my baseboards do not heat. All are on the second floor. It is a one zone system. Only 960 sq ft. I have three return lines for the water two never get hot. I have blead the units many times. There are no valves anywhere, no special devices and I can see most pipes in the basement. I can not make the second floor baseboards get hot. I can feel the heat leaving the boiler from the one main pipe in the basement. One hot water out three returns only one gets hot water drains from all base boards.

Check out some similar questions!

I am installing a new base board heater - 1000 watts the heat never gets hot [ 5 Answers ]

I am installing a new base board heater - 1000 watts. I have run a new 12/2 line to a 15 amp breaker that is the only thing on it. The room is 50 sq/ft and remains very cold. If I feel the top of the basebord heater it never get hot, it will get a little warm but that is about it. What am I doing...

In floor radiant heat vs. Hot water base board [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a home built in 1960 which is heated by hot water base board heat. I am currently renovating the house and am looking at the possibility of installing in floor radiant hot water heat for the second floor. I would install this in the floor joists in the basement before I finish the...

How to purge hot water base board system [ 1 Answers ]

How do you purge air from a hot water baseboard heating system?

Forced hot water base board heating [ 1 Answers ]

Can an existing forced hot water baseboard heating system be converted into an underlayment (tubing) type of system? Thank you. Brice Repolt Weare, NH

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.