Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2007, 04:23 PM
    Anna Nicole Smith passes at age 39
    I am just so shocked to hear of Anna's passing today. There was just something about her that I found riveting.

How very sad, her passing. She just lost her son and I believe just had a baby as well.

So very tragic to be so young. For some reason, I just was intrigued by her.

May she finally be at peace.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2007, 11:36 PM
    The billionaires son did it. An undetectable poison from a small plant found deep in the Amazonian rain forest. Causes complete loss of motor function and bowels. Next, your major organs begin to melt like ice cream in the heat. Then, your heart explodes like a grenade. A horrible death. To bad.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2007, 11:54 PM
    Funny magprob.

Except he died 2 years ago.

Unless you mean the billionaire's son son.

That would be Anna's Step grandson.

If we are taking votes as to why/how she died, my vote is some form of drug overdose.

Losing a son like that must have been so hard on her.

Now what of her 4 month old daughter?
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 02:10 AM
    Yeh, I know.

All of it just so sad. There was a custody battle going on for the little baby. Another man is claiming the little girl is his.

Her life, to me, was just plain sad.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2007, 03:57 AM
    Can't say I was surprised. She was a train wreck from the beginning. The sad part to be is the child left behind.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 05:57 AM
    Personally, I think we need to look at that sycophant lawyer Howard Stern. He has been hanging around her for years, being her personal "bum" boy so to speak. Look at the facts:

After years of wrangling, she finally wins a ruling from the Supreme Court. She gets the old man's money.

Howard Stern is there when her son dies. Drugs are involved.

Anna is on a lot of meds to deal with the pain of the loss.

Howard claims the baby is his.

Anna is on a lot of meds to deal with the pain of the loss of her son.

Anna and Howard get married.

Anna is on a lot of meds to deal with the pain of the loss of her son.

Anna is found dead.

Since Howard was her husband, it stands to reason under U.S. Law, he would stand to inherit half her fortune.

Conspiracy theory anyone?:rolleyes:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 9, 2007, 06:01 AM
    I smell it Ruby, I smell the theory.

Her son that died did not die 2 years ago, but rather 4 months ago. He died in the hospital room that Anna was in after giving birth to her daughter. Anna woke up to him dead in her room.

Yes, she was a train wreck. And the news story about the multimillion dollar lawsuit against her and Trim Spa that came out the other day surely did not help.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Hmmmmmmmmm I wonder if there's something to all of this. And just where was he, the husband? She was a lone in her room. Oh this is all not good.

By the way, caught Anna's mom TODAY on one of those talk shows. I didn't see a great deal of it, but enough to just add to add to the sorrow of all of this. Everyone mourns differently, I do know that, but Anna's mom just lost Anna and a grandson only 4 months ago. I don't think I would have it together enough to let a camera crew in my home.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 06:10 AM
    Hey J_9, hope you had a blast yesterday! :)

Well, you've got the Trim Spa problem. You've got the young guy claiming the baby is really his.

Trim Spa problem will probably be forced to be dropped or won't get too far. She is gone so nothing to hang their hats on. (Well, maybe a place -- that humongous rack of hers?? )

The young guy with a claim the baby is his? Well, if the baby wasn't Howard's, his marrying her still guarantees him half her money.

Do you think he convinced her to draw up a will? He was her lawyer after all. Hmmm. Who do you think he convinced her to leave her money to. Everything to her baby?? Hmmm.

CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU!! :p

Allheart, her mom has been trying to clamp onto the money train too. I haven't seen any interviews with her but they had been estranged for many, many years.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 06:16 AM
    How stikin sad is that. Things Anna did raised an eyebrow or two, of course. But sometimes the reasons are not too hard to find, are they? All she probably ever wanted was to be loved.

I don't get the old man thing. I didn't keep up with it much and just felt that's for her to deal with within herself if her motives were for his money. I don't know. But she did always remind me of someone just needing to be loved. So Sad.

I thought she looked beautiful (when she wasn't half out of it) whether heavy or thin.

She didn't come across as a unkind person. Oh I don't know. Sorry for rambling.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 06:24 AM
    Ramble away Allheart, ramble away.

I look at it this way. She came from a very poor background. For many years, she had it all. Although it was short, she lived a very good life. A life that most people only dream of.

I didn't know her so I don't know what kind of person she really was. But, she was too dependent upon drugs.

You have the inalienable right to feel sad over this tragic affair.

I guess I am a bit cynical. I just choose to reserve my sorrow for people that I know and love that I have lost.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Feb 9, 2007, 06:29 AM
    She portrayed tragic vulnerability so well, I think, that it came across as genuine. Whether it was or not ultimately doesn't metter in light of what's happened. Being in the recovery industry, I have had an uncomfortable front row seat to a number of people (no one famous though) who went down just like this -- a kind of sad thing after another, seemingly stemming from poor judegements, especially concerning the people around them (scary people too) and what I concluded is this: there really is no way to tell if its just a long drawn-out, elaborate suicide or if its really someone who is just too weak or impaired to survive. I saw them do things that ensured they would compound the problem over and over but they couldn't or wouldn't acknowledge it when you spoke to them about it and I witnessed them turning down real help, fearing the stranger more than the ghoulish people around them. Sad. Each one haunted me for a time, especially the first one. What a lesson he was for me -- huge lesson. It put the line about don't ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee is a whole n'other perspective.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Very very very good points Ruby.

And she did have a great deal, but maybe not the things like she needed, like her Mom's love. Who knows?

But you are right. Should save a heavy heart for those closest to me.

I do have a thing though, watching drugs eat up a person. Boy, that really gets me. Just to see them disinergrate. I dispise drugs for what it does to a person. I could be wrong, but I think, with some people, the drugs just rob them of their ability to stop.

You did say I could ramble :D
    landlord advocate Posts: 283, Reputation: 36

Feb 9, 2007, 06:31 AM
    She and Stearn were not legally married. DNA tests will have to confirm the father of the baby. In the mean time there will probably be a guardian, appointed by the court, to take care of the baby.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow
    She portrayed tragic vulnerability so well, I think, that it came across as genuine. Whether it was or not ultimately doesn't metter in light of what's happened. I have had a front row seat to a number of people (no one famous though) who went down just like this -- a kind of sad thing after another, seemingly stemming from poor judegements, especially concerning the people around them (scary people too) and what I concluded is this: there really is no way to tell if its just a long drawn-out, elaborate suicide or if its really someone who is just too weak to survive. I saw them do things that ensured they would compound the problem over and over but they couldn't or wouldn't acknowledge it when you spoke to them about it and they turned down real help, fearing the stranger more than the ghoulish people around them. Sad. Each one haunted me for a time, especially the first one.
    Val, that's it. That is just what grabbed me. She had a vulnerability about her. And yes tragic. But when she would smile, it was right through that vulnerability. And again, you are right, was it a long drawn out suicide (perhaps trying to call out for help as well) or was she weak? I just can't get that smile of hers out of my mind.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Allheart, you have chosen such a great name for yourself here. I have seen some of your other postings. You truly are all heart! :)

L.A. maybe her mother will be given custody of the baby since there isn't any question as to whether the baby was hers.:eek:

Are you 100% positive their marriage wasn't legal? I don't know the legalities of that kind of stuff outside of my own.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 06:40 AM
    Thanks Ruby. I do have my bad days though... eek.

I wonder if she did have a will and maybe she did assign a guardian. I sure hope so.
    Poor little baby.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 9, 2007, 06:44 AM
    Since the birth certificate listed Howard Stern as the father, I'm not a betting person, but I would bet baby Dannielynn goes to him, since he is legally declared the father.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 06:47 AM
    I love the baby's name. I just found out today that she named it after the son that she lost.

Good point there J_9.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Feb 9, 2007, 07:40 AM
    What a trainwreck it all is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Dark Age" or "Golden Age" of Human Existence? [ 3 Answers ]

History shows us over and over that all great civilizations eventually come to an end. It stands then that our Civilization (as we know it) will come to an end sometime as well. Do you think the world is slipping into a "Dark Age", or are we about to emerge into a "Golden Age" ? We seem to...

Adam Smith [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with the following question: How does Adam Smith's allegory of the shopkeeper allege that capitalism solves the problem of human evil once and for all? How might one argue against this claim? What do you think?

View more questions Search