Sorry - think you have enough on your hands "Daddy"
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Big Daddy gots it.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Aaw but you can still look :) she does look hot there doesn't she :)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 01:48 PM
    I think Courtny is a very attractive lady but, anyone that is slobbering stoned and drunk all of the time can be quite ugly.
    I don't mean to make light of Anna Nicholes death but let's face it, it's what she chose for herself. No one could stop it. I really think she killed herself-whether she meant it or not.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 01:54 PM
    No, I know you don't. But if we all think about it, you can't help but look back and see how she steadily progressed this way.

But I still say the drugs killed her (if that's what did it). I know she took them freely, but sometimes those drugs just grab a hold of a person and will not let them go. Their free will is no longer theirs.

I just gave up smoking (3 weeks into it) and it is a BEAR!! Boy that nicotine is just heck trying to fight against. I can't imagine what it feels like to be addicted to those other drugs.

I watch the show intervention a lot. It's about people addicted to drugs and their families do an interventiion. For most, it is honest life or death. But if it weren't for their families, afraid they would end up like Ana as well. If that's what she died from. They were saying earlier this week, she had flu like symptoms. Who knows.

There's a lesson in here somewhere.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Feb 9, 2007, 01:59 PM
    I got news Allheart... apart from smack, all the druggies and alkies I've known think losing the nicotine monkey is tough, as tough as it comes.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Thanks Val.

And I love monkeys but not this one!! But hey, it's a challenge and I will be darn if I give in to those nicotine people who make it even harder for all of us.!

Plus I smell so much better - Grouchy but with a much nicer scent :) LOL
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Val - smack is herorine isn't it? That's what a lot of people on the show are hooked on. That and crack cocaine. Boy that stuff gets them and grabs them and just won't let go.
    They get so sick if they don't have it ! Just an awful mess. Who invented those damn drugs anyway??

Feb 9, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Yeah, I wasn't kidding or exaggerating when I said on Laura's smoking thread yous guys are in for the fight of your life but its winable and you are!
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 02:10 PM
    Thanks Val - I really mean it. Your words go really far, even after I shut the computer down. I just tell myself... mush mush mush :)

Feb 9, 2007, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Allheart
    Thanks Val - I really mean it. Your words go really far, even after I shut the computer down. I just tell myself...mush mush mush :)
    When I was in early sobriety I had my A days and my B days...

A days were, well, when I was being an A, you know? :rolleyes:

B days were where I just didn't have much left to do anything but just be. :(

I did a lot of mushing too. And was told again and again "Its fifty miles into the woods so therefore its fifty miles out. Don't turn back, don't even stand still." :eek:

I would have loved to have helped Anna or find her someone who could but I doubt she would have trusted me enough to allow it. Hard to believe there is nothing up the sleeve in those circumstances and I understand that, almost died of that myself. I named it "terminal uniqueness" from hearing myself say one too many times, "but you just don't understand....." Fortunately I ran off all my enablers, since there wasn't really anything left in it for them.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 02:25 PM
    I so love it. Thanks Val. You are right.. 50 miles in way too far to turn back now..

Today is an A day :)

Thanks again.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2007, 02:29 PM
    I cannot say I am surprised, shocked, or stunned to hear of Anna Nicole's death. She was a time bomb waiting to explode. Famous for nothing worth more than 2 cents. When she started in on how she was channeling Marilyn Monroe, I knew she was not long for the world. But she does provide a good example for life on the fast track. Hopefully the ones who thought she was so hot will learn that she was not.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow
    When I was in early sobriety I had my A days and my B days...

A days were, well, when I was being an A, ya know? :rolleyes:

B days were where I just didn't have much left to do anything but just be. :(

I did a lot of mushing too. And was told again and again "Its fifty miles into the woods so therefore its fifty miles out. Don't turn back, don't even stand still." :eek:

I would have loved to have helped Anna or find her someone who could but I doubt she would have trusted me enough to allow it. Hard to believe there is nothing up the sleeve in those circumstances and I understand that, almost died of that myself. I named it "terminal uniqueness" from hearing myself say one too many times, "but you just don't understand....." Fortunately I ran off all my enablers, since there wasn't really anything left in it for them.

Val, if she couldn't or wouldn't hear you, then she really would never have got better. You are right too, she was surrounded by enablers. But that's an easy role to fall in as well.
    And perhaps they did care for her, they just were playing the role they fell into.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    I cannot say I am surprised, shocked, or stunned to hear of Anna Nicole's death. She was a time bomb waiting to explode. Famous for nothing worth more than 2 cents. When she started in on how she was channeling Marilyn Monroe, I knew she was not long for the world. But she does provide a good example for life on the fast track. Hopefully the ones who thought she was so hot will learn that she was not.
    shygrneyzs,

No, those that thought she was hot, probably still will, as that is all they went by was her looks anyway. Not the suffering she was doing inside.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2007, 04:00 PM
    True, Allheart. Her hanger-on'ers, her leeches, and bloodsuckers. Much like Elvis who had a vast number of people around but no one who would step in and make an effort to stop him.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 04:04 PM
    Exactly what I thought. Elvis ran through my mind as well. Almost the same darn thing happened.

But I think I am guilty of some enabling myself. There is a girl I work with, who has a bit of a drinking problem and I find myself trying to shield her. But I do tell her the truth, but then I am also at other times very soft with her. It really is hard. I love her to pieces and don't want her to hurt, thankfully there are others who just zoom in on her and do the right thing and not coddle her.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2007, 04:26 PM
    I am the princess of enablers! Lol. I used to be the queen of enablers but since the divorce my status has been demoted. I am working on ditching the crown all together but do end up in that icky spot, especially with a neighbor of mine who has mental disabilities. Always getting conned into helping her because no one else will and I live right next to her so it is difficult. Although I have said no more often than yes in the past six months. Still... I do not like being in that situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Dark Age" or "Golden Age" of Human Existence? [ 3 Answers ]

History shows us over and over that all great civilizations eventually come to an end. It stands then that our Civilization (as we know it) will come to an end sometime as well. Do you think the world is slipping into a "Dark Age", or are we about to emerge into a "Golden Age" ? We seem to...

Adam Smith [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with the following question: How does Adam Smith's allegory of the shopkeeper allege that capitalism solves the problem of human evil once and for all? How might one argue against this claim? What do you think?

View more questions Search