Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dnewton0203 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2011, 10:33 AM
    My furnace will kick on sometimes but not others please help
    I have a gas furnace and sometimes it will not kick on. It's a thermal zone gas furnace. Sometimes it works with no problem. Other times it will kick on with flames then turn right off. Thanks
    Foxfyr31 Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Nov 18, 2011, 11:50 AM
    Probably a bad thermostat try elevating the temperature to the max and look for flames. It could also be a clogged regulator.

Nov 18, 2011, 03:46 PM
    I changed it a couple of weeks ago. It will turn on and do its cycle flames and all for 10 -15 secs but then kicks off if turn it on man. A couple of times it will kick on. At night it just stop maybe because its cooler out now.
    Foxfyr31 Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Nov 18, 2011, 03:57 PM
    How old is the furnace? Natural gas or propane? Your best bet is to contact the manufaturer of the furnace.

Nov 18, 2011, 04:22 PM
    97 and it is gas

Nov 18, 2011, 04:40 PM
    I just broke this too cleaning it out. Can anyone tell me what it is and how much it will cost thanks
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

BELOW ZERO, and furnace won't kick on! [ 1 Answers ]

We live in the mountains of Colorado, and needless to say, we were -23 last week, this morning it is -14. We are trying to figure out our furnace without putting out a bunch of money. Last year we replaced our thermostat, but it's still not coming on, unless we put a wet rag over the top of the...

Furnace won't kick on, [ 1 Answers ]

Pilot lite stays on but the gas will not turn on,fan works fine.

Furnace will not kick on by itself [ 1 Answers ]

Our furnace will not come on by iteself. We have the thermastat set for auto but we have to turn the set temp down and then back up and then it will come on. Otherwise it will not come on no matter the room temp. Would this be a thermastat problem?

My intertherm furnace pilot lights but furnace won't kick on [ 5 Answers ]

I need some diagnostic help. We have a full propane tank. A new burner plate (last year) and the blower works. We light the pilot but the knob should pop up after one minute thus lighting the furnace. It won't pop up. What part should we replace? The furnace is a 17 year old Intertherm MGH...

Furnace won't kick on [ 1 Answers ]

My pilot light is lit on my furnace but the furnace won't kick on. I changed the thermostat and it did fire up but after running a short while it started to blow only cold air. Can anyone tell me what could possibly be wrong?

View more questions Search