Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keidee14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2011, 08:35 AM
    16 years old and in sixth grade!
    This year I took custody of my God kids who are 15 and 16 years old. The 16 years old is in 6th grade and the 15 year old is in 5th grade. This does not seem right to me. I had them evaluated and the teachers do not agree that they should be in those grades. Both of the kids have IEP. I have spoken to the District Family Advocate, the principal, and have spoken to the district about them. Everyone agrees that they should not be in those grades but no one seem to know what to do. This is really hurting the kids self esteem and they are even thinking about dropping out of school. I really feel helpless but Im not going to give up. Do anyone have any advice on what I should do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 18, 2011, 09:19 AM
    So get with the school district, have them tested according to what national testing system is used and placed in the proper grades.

Perhaps look into placement in private schools.

Look into home schooling

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sixth sense? [ 6 Answers ]

It goes back to my mother, who for years always had very accurate dreams, especailly when it came to someone being pregnant, she would always dream of that person before they had even found out themselves. Myself and my sister are the same, except while dreaming of the person being pregnant I will...

Sixth Grade!? [ 16 Answers ]

Ok so I'm going into sixth grade and I am scared that I'm going to get picked on by older kids but eisenhower says that they are bully free but I still think that there's one lercking in the hall. Also can you give me some tips Thanks Kaitlin:)

View more questions Search