Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rogerpeters Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2011, 07:57 AM
    Spouse confused on H4 or F1
    I am on H1-B,wife on H4,wants to convert to F1,cause with H4 AND no SSN,cannot write nursing exam.
    Lawyer still preparing PERM application,H1-B expires 08/2013,
    If spouse gets F1,will she still be covered under my green card application.
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Nov 19, 2011, 08:30 AM
    As long as she is married to you and in valid status; then yes, she qualifies as a dependent under your petition. Please note that if you are an H-1B, your EB 3rd or 2nd preference labor certification may take several years to be current.

Check with the company attorney as to which preference category you qualify for and what the priority date backlog is for your country.
    rogerpeters Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2011, 12:35 PM
    I am EB3,So yes it will take a few years to be current,We are totally confused as what to do,how can she get a EAD,if you have anymore info,please share it with me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Citizen married filing separately, spouse lives outside US: does spouse need ITIN? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I am a US Citizen living in the US full time. My husband is German, living in Europe full time. We got married in the US in September 2006. My husband is applying for a green card but meanwhile cannot enter the US, due to immigration rules. Therefore we have not lived in the US together...

How does abused spouse still married due to health and lack of income leave spouse? [ 1 Answers ]

After counseling, police victim advocate and social workers, everyone says leave, but due to no recent physical abuse (tons of verbal, neglect, antagonistic mentally cruel treatment daily), and due to his income being included though we've lived separately for 2.5 years. I cannot qualify for...

Confused about joint state filings with spouse in different states [ 1 Answers ]

I have a follow-up question: My husband lives and works in PA, so his state income is apportioned entirely to PA. I live in NJ, and work in Pa. My income is apportioned entirely to NJ, with no income to PA (at least none was apportioned to PA. We want to file joint state returns to be consistent...

Submitting spouse W7, should spouse SSN in 1040 left blank? [ 2 Answers ]

I am submitting W7 form for my wife with my 1040 and 1040 Schedule A (itemized deductions) forms. What should I put for spouse SSN in 1040 form? Should I just write "ITIN TO BE REQUESTED" for spouse SSN? Also, on second page of 1040 I see I have my SSN on top right corner of the page, but...

Spouse worked in multiple states ? Confused [ 1 Answers ]

Ok Here is my situation Myself 1. Resdient of PA for the whole Year of 2007 Spouse 1. Resident of PA, but worked and lived in VA from 1 Jan 2007 to 30 Sep 2007 2. Moved to a new job in PA from Oct 1, 2007 How should I file my taxes. Should I file jointly or separately. Also, how should...

View more questions Search