Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ambulant Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2004, 01:23 AM
    Movie I can't remember
    Ok so here is what I can remember about this movie I saw as a kid.

There was a middle age man going on some sort of quest. He had a magic bag, and if someone asked "What's in the bag?" He would reply you, and they would be sucked inside.

Some where in the movie the hero learned to see death. If death was standing at the foot of a sick man's bed, the person would recover. If death was standing by their bedside they would die. The hero sucked death into the bag so that a child could live.

The movie wasw dark, and I think was made in the 80's.

Please help if you can.

Thanks.
    blorp Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2005, 06:35 PM
    This is an episode of Jim Henson's the Storyteller, not a movie. Don't remember which one but it was from an old russian story. The actor playing the russian soldier was Sean Bean I think.

Jul 18, 2005, 01:29 AM
    The episode was called "the Soldier and Death"

Jul 18, 2005, 01:47 AM
    It wasn't as dark as you remember it as a child; there's a lot of funny bits. Here's the fellow playing cards with the local devils;

http://www.apollo-tv.fsnet.co.uk/public/cards.jpg

And then, into the sack!

http://www.apollo-tv.fsnet.co.uk/public/intothesack.jpg
    ambulant Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2005, 04:13 PM
    Thanks a ton, you are tight on. How did you know that?

Jul 21, 2005, 01:16 PM
    Got the dvd a while back, they used to show the storyteller here in the UK when I was wee!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying To Remember A Movie That Appeared On T.v... [ 4 Answers ]

It was around the 90's and I was at home and started to watch this movie on TV. I asked my dad about it and he says he remembers the movie but can't think of the name.. Its about a blonde girl with a red nightgown or white I cannot remember and she is in an apartment and she is alone I think....

Movie... Can't remember the title [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to remember the name of a movie. I think that it was made in the 80's or maybe the early 90's. I think it is about a children's book author who is suspected of putting messages into the books... they may have been communist messages. I can't really remember. I think that some agent...

Old movie I can't remember the title? [ 1 Answers ]

This was an old Black and White movie Post WWII I think, it may have tried to Build off Bogarts "Sahara". This Black and White movie is set in the desert and a group of people dig up a buried Tank (left over from WWII?) and manage to get it running just in time to use it to fight off an army of...

I can't remember this children's movie! [ 1 Answers ]

Starts with a boy about 13 coming home from school. At home talking on the phone he sees in a mirror that a large gift had suddenly appeared in his bedroom. Going to investigate he pulls a tag on the gift that opens it up into some kind of drive through. Also there is a small red car. The boy gets...

View more questions Search