Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dee75 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2011, 12:58 AM
    Proof that I paid back money to ex
    I owe some money to my abusive ex-boyfriend. He is being awkward saying that since he gave it me in cash, he wants it back in cash. I really don't want to see him again face to face. Is there anyway I can get the cash to him and get proof that I gave it him? I know it's a longshot but he won't leave me alone until I give it back. I had thought of postal orders but that will leave me out of pocket as they cost £12 for every £250 and I owe him £700. Any ideas welcome, thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 17, 2011, 04:33 AM
    If you have a friend you can trust you can ask that friend to deliver the money. Otherwise you can use a courier service.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2011, 06:49 AM
    I'd go with an impartial courier service when you are dealing with cash. OR ask your Attorney (if you have one) to act as the intermediary.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2011, 06:59 AM
    First there is no requirement to pay someone in cash, In fact I would refuse to ever pay in cash. There is no real proof of payment. He would get a check or money order or he would just not get the money. Who really cares what he wants.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2011, 11:50 AM
    Paypal!
    Dee75 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2011, 09:34 AM
    Many thanks for your answers. I told him that I was going to see a solicitor to act as an intermediary and he gave me his bank account details almost immediately. Problem solved.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2011, 10:19 AM
    Glad it worked out for you. Let's hope he's out of your life for good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrongfully evicted in New Hampshire for money supposedly not paid but has been paid [ 3 Answers ]

Owner wants me evicted for not paying 452.00 but I paid it, sent sheriff to apartment with a letter telling me to go to court, I talked to manager of apartments told them that I already paid the money she said I didn't have to go to court. Now yesterday in the mail I get a letter saying that...

How much money will I get back if I have one child and paid $ 14000 for day care this [ 0 Answers ]

I made 5000 this year I have one child I'm single and I paid 14000 for daycare this year how much will I get back in return?

I paid taxes for 2007, now have amended refund, what about money I paid [ 1 Answers ]

I paid $4000 with taxes for 2007, now have amended refund of $5300. Should I received back money with an original return I paid?

How can I place a lien on property until I'm paid back money I lent my brother [ 3 Answers ]

2 years ago I loaned my brother $150,000 to get his business started. He has not paid any of the money back yet and gives me plenty of excusses why he can't yet. How can I place a lien against his assets until he pays me back all that he owes me? Also, if anything happens to him, can I still...

I have paid all the money back which I stole [ 4 Answers ]

I was questioned in taking money from work by means of refunding credit cards... I have paid it all back... can they still drop the charges... They may even give me my job back... I was a great employee that came across a really bad situation... Yes I am in Maryland... Is there any chance the...

View more questions Search