Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    casey21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2011, 05:19 PM
    Why is my dog losing weight at her back end?
    Why is my 9yr old staff loseing weight at her back end
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 16, 2011, 09:18 PM
    Does she walk the same and run the same as always? How much food is she eating and when was the last vet appointment? As dogs age its fairly common to see "smallness" in the rear hips but 9 is not that old.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Nov 17, 2011, 06:28 AM
    YOur dog could be suffering from muscle atrophy. Common in dogs who suffer from arthritis. Have you spoken to a vet about your dogs weight loss? There are home treatments to help relieve some of the pain associated with arthritis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does mange will cause a dog losing weight? [ 8 Answers ]

I got 2 golden retriever age 2 years old, recently I found that they are losing weight seriously and got mange problem. Deworm and heartworm already. They are having a good appetite but still lost weight and now only 22kg, anyone can help?

My dog seems to be losing weight [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my dog is a lab mixed with chow, he seems to be losing weight but doesn't show any signs of being sick. He's very playful everyday eats well but it seems like his weight has dropped off in the last 3 weeks. I am worried that he's to thin. Can someone please tell me what I can do to help him...

Dog losing weight rapidly [ 1 Answers ]

My 14 year old dog, recently discovered is blind, is llosing weight rapidly. She defintily eatss What could be the cause? What can I do ?

View more questions Search