Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronjon5000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2011, 02:54 PM
    10-3 wire vversus 10-4 wire
    Can 10-3 wire be run between in my basement between a transfer switch and the outdoor receptacle which is connected to a 30 amp 120/240 vac outdoor receptacle from a potable gnerator plug?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2011, 02:57 PM
    You need a 30 amp power inlet box, 10-3 is 4 conductors, and is what you need. 10-4 would be 5 conductors and not needed.

30 amp power inlet box - Google Search
    jamesdavino Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2011, 07:24 AM
    Your question is very confusing, do not feed anything off your gen. connection. If you have 2 devices that may use the same wire and your trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone, your taking the lazy way out. 1 dedicated line for each. You don't want a break between devices. More problems can arise down the road... Alway's do it right the first time...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Explain which wire is ground wire when you have 2 black wires and 1 white wire [ 5 Answers ]

Explain which wire is ground when you have 2 black wires and 1 white wire

Black wire red wire and white wire spliced to 10/3 on a 220 circuit [ 25 Answers ]

I have installed a disconnect between my dryer receptable and a tanning bed. I want to splice the 10/3 box wire to the existing 220 wiring at the dryer. Dryer= red, black, white and bare ground wires 10/3 wire= black, white, and bare ground How do I splice these to allow the disconnect box to...

View more questions Search