Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lhumbeutel Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 01:09 PM
    Old State tax liens
    I have state tax liens from the state of Hawaii. They are twelve years old. Am I still liable for those?

Thank you
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 8, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Depends on how long Hawaii pursues seuch matters. It varies from state to state.
    lhumbeutel Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 04:56 PM
    How would I find that out?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Once they have filed a lien they are always valid.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 8, 2007, 07:43 PM
    They ARE valid, but the states have been known to waive them,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreign Tax Deductions Against MD State Tax Liability [ 1 Answers ]

I worked in London for 8 months out of the year. I worked in Maryland the other 4 months. I know how to use foreign tax credits on my federal and social security liabilities. Is there any way to use foreign tax credits against my Maryland State and Local Tax liability? These taxes are for...

NY/NJ State Tax [ 1 Answers ]

I am attempting to file both NY and NJ taxes this year. I work in NJ and lived there for the first 7 months of this year, then moved to NY. I can file NY taxes as a part-year resident, but have to pick either full resident or non-resident for NJ. Which should I choose? Also, the NY part-year...

Tax certificate liens [ 1 Answers ]

I'm just starting looking at different investments. Is anyone currently investing in tax certificate liens? What are the pros and cons?

H1 + Out Of State Tax [ 1 Answers ]

I have always filed 1040NR until now. Because I was on F1 or OPT. 2005 was the year I entered into H1 status. So I guess now I have to file regular 1040. Right? Is there anything different for me since I am on H1? I hear since H1 is non resident I am exempt from social security and Medicare. Can I...

F1->H1, State Tax [ 1 Answers ]

When filing state taxes, should I put the "adjusted gross income" as the income earned while I am on H1b or is it the whole year(h1b+F1)? I am filing Kansas State tax return, if that helps. Thanks,

View more questions Search