Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grace105 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2011, 06:17 PM
    A former employee is sending anonymous letters to my clients slandering my business,
    I am a business owner. I have recently found out from a couple of my clients that they have received a letter which was not signed. But within the letter it says that its from my ex employee. In the letter it states that I don't know what I'm doing, that I'm losing these clients money, pretty much slandering me and my company. None of this is true. How can I stop this? She is trying to ruin my business and reputation.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 15, 2011, 06:37 PM
    "She?" So you know who it is? Have your attorney draft a letter telling her that you will not tolerate libel and a lawsuit will ensue if she persists. Her defense would be either that she didn't write the anonymous letters (are you absolutely certain you know who did?) or that what she is writing is true, so be prepared to to prove that it's not. Also you need to prove that you have suffered monetary damage through her actions, such as loss of clients that wouldn't have been lost otherwise. Bottom line - consult your attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to write business pormotion letters to the travel clients? [ 0 Answers ]

I have newly opened a travel agency how can I write a business promotion letter to my clients?

Yahoo pop and smtp stops in sending emails to other clients [ 1 Answers ]

My job is to send 300 emails per day through Yahoo mail. I could not send even 50 emails per day as some problem comes and obstructs in sending emails. SMPT may be not properly connected to my computer and I want to set it, but I donot know how to operate it exactly in my computer. Please help me...

Introduction of a new business to clients [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to introduce and market our business to clients that have never heard of us. I would like a format to work on to make it WOW and exciting to read!

Business in home country with US clients [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir, I am currently on F1 visa in US, I am starting with my IT and services business in India. My clients will be mainly from US, I cannot gain emplyment in US for more than 20 hours /week on campus while I am studying as per law. Now Can I run my business in India and me being as an...

View more questions Search