Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ggghhhwwwrrr Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2011, 08:21 PM
    Okay, I will. Thank you once again. Its always nice to just talk things out .

Nov 15, 2011, 08:27 PM
    And by the way , I'm a girl. Lolz
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2011, 08:32 PM
    Ah, it's a girl! (That's what they say at birth. I feel like you have just been born in this thread.) I don't think of ADHD and girls, so sorry I missed that and never even asked you "what" you are. The "H" is hyperactivity, so maybe it's more of an ADD kind of thing from your description of inability to focus -- or who knows. I really am looking forward to following you as you learn more about whatever has been keeping you down all these years.

Nov 15, 2011, 08:40 PM
    Lolz. The journey begins.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2011, 08:42 PM
    Be sure to explore food allergies, vitamin intake, and environmental allergies.

Nov 15, 2011, 08:48 PM
    Okay, I will.

Nov 15, 2011, 08:49 PM
    Do you think there is a relation between allergies and add.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2011, 08:57 PM
    Well, my husband often had a numb brain, couldn't focus in school, never finished college, and figured he had ADD. We since have figured out that he has Asperger's but is also very sensitive to gluten. When he doesn't eat foods containing gluten, it makes all the difference in the world as to how sharp his mind is and how good he feels.

Not that that is your problem, but more and more is being found out about gluten and how it affects people. There are environmental allergies too, so might be worth looking into that.

Nov 15, 2011, 09:11 PM
    That is very insightful. I went to the doctor for a full check up before I went to school. That was about a year ago. He said everything was good and on the right levels. I think I might go the doctor and check again . And while I'm there I might ask him about ADD and if he know anyone who specializes in that field .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2011, 09:17 PM
    And please don't diagnose yourself. You have trouble focusing and staying on task. Maybe check back with some teachers from grade or high school or read comments on your report cards. At this point, you are simply gathering evidence and building a case.

Are you from a town near New Paltz? Why are you going there? I could have gone to SUNY-Brockport, but came here to Chicago instead to go to college.

Nov 15, 2011, 09:35 PM
    It just that as I was growing up people ( teachers and counselors ) would bring it up . I can remember as I was growing up , my mother was always required to go to the parent teacher conference because I was struggling in certain areas of school. The teacher would say something like, " she is a good student behavior wise but she does not pay attention or concentrate, she needs extra help". And my mother would say " we will get her tutoring. And that was the end of it until the next year. Year after year, from elementary school to high school. Now I'm in college and I'm required to be more independent . I need to sit down and read chapters of information and I can't. I shouldn't diagnose myself . You're right . But now my focusing issue is affecting other aspects of my life . For the moment , while I am at work , my boss will give me instructions and I won't catch everything he said because I was not fully paying attention. And then there is time management.

I go to school in New Paltz. I am a student at the State University of New Paltz. but I came back to home which is in Manhattan because of my leave of absence.

I want to be evaluated . To make sure there is nothing wrong, and if there isn't. I will have to find other ways to learn to focus.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2011, 09:40 PM
    There are many things you can do to compensate. For instance, my husband writes things down, keeps a list on a 3x5 card of things he wants to do that day, then checks them off one by one. You should be able to get a tutor even in college, even if it's another student who wants to pick up a few bucks. Depending on the class, you might want to make flash cards for the "trivia" you might have to learn, as for a language class or anatomy. If you own the textbooks, you can highlight or make notes in the margins or whatever works for you as you read the chapters.

Nov 15, 2011, 09:49 PM
    BTW what school do you go to in Chicago. Wow SUNY Brockport . Chicago is so fascinating to me. It's a booming city just like NYC. I would like to visit Chicago in the future because of the public art work. Like that huge mental sculpture, that proudly reflects the city of Chicago.

Nov 15, 2011, 09:51 PM
    Yeah, I'll try to be more organized to. I don't want to jump to a conclusion and blame it for the way I am. I just really need to take the time to investigate and find out the proper solution.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2011, 10:08 PM
    I grew up in a dairy farm town north of Brockport and south of the lake, and have lived here since I came to college. By the way, I could be your grandmother.

Nov 15, 2011, 11:04 PM
    Wow you lived near a farm. I love rural areas. I would love to live in an area with just trees and a clear blue sky. I just love nature all around me. New Paltz is very close to that. There is a mountain in the town and a lot of hippies live in the town because Woodstock is close by. I might become a hippie. Just kidding. Some of them have such interesting stories and have traveled all over the country... sorry I'm side tracking.

Thank you by the way. You are really patience and benevolent. People like you are hard to find now. It's like every man for themselves. People don't take the time to see what is going on around them or with other people.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2011, 11:34 PM
    Another tidbit for you -- a dairy farmer's son I had dated for six years went to SUNY-Delhi, just over the hills from you. Beautiful country, those Catskills, and lots of covered bridges. My dad was a Lutheran pastor, and our house was the last one in town before the farms started. The farmer next door sometimes planted sweet corn in the field that started on the other side of our driveway. He invited us to pick corn when it was ripe, so that's what we did -- best sweet corn I will ever have, right out of the field and cooked and eaten within fifteen minutes of picking.

Anyway, stay in touch. I'm eager to find out what's going on with you and your focusing problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Random [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I've just finished year 12 in australia (a couple of days ago actually) And I've always wondered about american high school... I hear on TV and what not about "softmore's" and "freshmans" What do these terms mean? And are there any more?

Random Reboots [ 1 Answers ]

I did take out the side of my PC I have a lot of fans in it. But the fans are pushing air inside the PC should they be backwords?

Random Reboots [ 1 Answers ]

Well my computer is also rebooting randomly. Since I have 3 hard drives and a 6400 amd cpu with a 400 watt power supply would I need a bigger supply?

Random Flushes [ 2 Answers ]

I have a home that has two toilets. Whenever I flush the toilet in the master bathroom and it finishes, the toilet in the spare bathroom starts running. Any suggestions on how I can stop this problem?

Random 10? [ 3 Answers ]

A building hoist lifts ten 50 kg bags of cement through a vertical distance of 30 m to the top of a high rise building. Calculate the work done by the hoist, assuming the acceleration due to gravity to be 9.81 m/s2. Work done = Force x Distance moved (J) but Force = Mass x Acceleration (N) ...

View more questions Search