Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xRenatax Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2011, 10:36 AM
    Get financial support from the father?
    When I was pregnant the father of the baby didn't get involved at all. All the things for the baby I had to buy myself, therefore I told him I don't want him to be anywhere near the baby, because he's not worth it and I didintt get any support from him, but after the baby was born I decided to give him a chance, an opportunity to see the baby and to look after her. The baby is 1 month old now and in that period he only visited her once at home and twice at the hospital, plus I still don't get any financial suport from him, so I want to go to court to get the financial help from him, so if I go, what about court expenses will I have to pay for them or he has to?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 15, 2011, 10:49 AM
    You may be able to get him to pay expenses. But the filing costs will be minimal. Check with your local court as they vary.
    xRenatax Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2011, 10:53 AM
    Do you know about how much those minmal costs for me would be?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 15, 2011, 11:12 AM
    No, because I don't have a clue where you are. Court costs and filing fees are very local. Generally set on a county level, but may even be set lower than that.

Your best bet is, as I said, to go to the local court for a fee schedule. You may even be able to find it online as many county governments have WEB sites these days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should be the process in asking for a financial support from a father? [ 2 Answers ]

I got pregnant 5 years ago. Am not married with the guy nor living in together. He just came to my house every night after work, we had a smooth and nice relationship that time when suddenly after 2 years we broke up and separated. For awhile he supported my child that's less than a year of...

Child support from unwilling father, uninvolved father [ 26 Answers ]

I am currently pregnant with my first child. The father is not involved. What rights does the baby have to collect child support from him? Is it ethical to force financial child support, when he does not want to be involved? Yet, he has said that he will provide support. He says that and then...

A single mom wants to seek financial support from her daughter's father [ 7 Answers ]

I'm a single parent and has a 1 y/o daughter. My daughter's father left me when I told him that I'm pregnant. Although he is not married he is living with another girl and they have a 2 1/2 y/o daughter. Do I have any right to seek for a financial support and/or sue him for abandonment? We are both...

A single mom wants to seek financial support from her daughter's father [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a single parent and has a 1 y/o daughter. My daughter's father is living with another girl and they have a 2 1/2 y/o daughter too. Me and my daughter's father are both a nursing student right now. Since I got pregnant I never received any support from him. And now that my daughter turned 1, I...

View more questions Search