Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gil123 View Post
    would like to know some members input
    Honestly? You're playing with fire.

It seems we helped to convince you the first time around and now you keep dipping your hands into this in one way or another. You should just give it up entirely and try meeting someone locally.
    wetstone Posts: 2, Reputation: -1

Jul 8, 2012, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    99% of these are scams. BTW why would you want to marry someone you've never met in real life?
    Hey expert prove that it's a scam an have you been to ghana an have you facts an judge all in ghana you don't know so put your money were your mouth an sir I'm married to a ghanian woman an she says your full of crap thanks
    wetstone Posts: 2, Reputation: -1

Jul 8, 2012, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    I think, and I know, that a lot of times scammers will get you to go to them and take your money that way. It's not uncommon for the scammers to get nasty and rob you if they think they can get it out of you that way.

Is she for real? I don't know for sure but I would say chances are that she is not. Would I go there to find out? No way.
    Another expert that has no facts or knowledge of ghana an it people just assuming I have lived there so be careful with assuming
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2012, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wetstone View Post
    hey expert prove that its a scam an have u been to ghana an have u facts an judge all in ghana u dont know so put your money were your mouth an sir im married to a ghanian woman an she says ur full of crap thanks
    Ok. Post your marriage certificate here.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 8, 2012, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    99% of these are scams. BTW why would you want to marry someone you've never met in real life?
    Hey expert prove that it's a scam an have you been to ghana an have you facts an judge all in ghana you don't know so put your money were your mouth an sir I'm married to a ghanian woman an she says your full of crap thanks
    Seriously this is one of the most highly documented internet scams, along with the Advanced Fee Frauds, or 419 Scams..

If you have been using the internet for even a few months you will soon run across this type of activity.
    In the years I have been online I would be married several dozen times as well as being a multi-trillianaire all thanks to relatives I didn't know I had..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 09:50 AM
    Even the Ghana government posts it on their web site. There are great people in Ghana, I have visited local people here in Atlanta at churches, the man who works on my cars is from Ghana ( I think he is here illegally but that is another story)

And if you know someone there and they arrange a meeting , yes long distance marriage do work. But out of 10,000 ads for marriage only 2 or 3 will be real from Ghana or even many other places. Same as men on dating sites about 1/4 it is estimated are married or living with someone and just looking for sex.

It is easy to tell when it is a scam, if they ask for more than 300 to400 dollars for a visa and passport, If they tell you they have to have money in the bank to get out of the country.

And yes I have traveled there and got to see a couple of the "boiler" rooms where all of this dating fraud happens, they are actually very proud of their businesses. And also love to let you meet the 60 year old grandma with no teeth that is texting she is a 18 year old college student. Or the 50 year old man with a high pitched voice who is a 30 year old women on the telephone.

They do of course employ some really pretty girls to do the video cams, but that is why normally ( and a real sign) it is not their cam, so they can only do the cam every now and then, not every day.

Also you watch in the emails for writing changes, since their employees take shifts and different people will answer you on different days.

Why would you say they would show me this, first they have police paid off, so they are not going to be arrested, local people love them since it creates a lot of jobs. Many of the people view Americans and people from Europe as all being rich and taking some of their money is sort of justified .

Also since it is such a famous scam, been on TV, the nations warn about it on their own visa web sites. You would think no one would fall for it, But we get people here all the time, we prove to them it is a fake and they still will not believe.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 8, 2012, 11:14 AM
    hey expert prove that its a scam an have u been to ghana an have u facts an judge all in ghana u dont know so put your money were your mouth an sir im married to a ghanian woman an she says ur full of crap thanks
    We cannot prove the OP's particular situation is a scam. But the fact is, as noted, this is a well known and well documented scam. We have had many more people report here that they were scammed than ones reporting they lived happily ever after.

So is anyone is "full of crap" it is your wife. Again, she may be an exception but the reality it that it is the other responders who have the facts. All you have is one personal experience.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ghana passport fee for Ghana citizens [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to know,the cost of a Ghanaian citizen is required to pay in Ghana,when applying for a new passport,for the first time, The person resides in Tema,and does he need to travel to Accra,to apply for a passport.

Does ghana have a declaration fee to leave ghana [ 5 Answers ]

I just wish to know if there is such a thing as a 4000aud fee for people to leave ghana

Is there a ghana marriage certificate?how much is the cost? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a ghana marriage certificate?how much is the cost?

I believe I am being scammed by a lady named Mary from Ghana. How can I be sure? [ 19 Answers ]

I was emailed a picture of beautiful Girl, living in Ghana. After three weeks, I bought through westernunion a cell phone and minutes for her. Cost: $110.00 Then a week later I sent $850.00 for Visa and passport. Third a week later I sent $321 for blood test. My co-worker has married man from...

View more questions Search