Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abiymanazie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2011, 09:09 AM
    My desktop says no signal but the computer is working. What is the solution?
    "no signal"it shows on a scren.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2011, 10:11 AM
    I'm assuming that it worked at one time. If so, then most likely the monitor's signal cable is loose on either the monitor end or on the computer end. Try wiggling the connection and tighten the screws on the connector.

Good luck,
    WallyH
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Nov 17, 2011, 04:53 AM
    It's either the video card or the cable, replace the cable first if that doesn't work then replace the video card
    Chaosmaster2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2011, 05:04 PM
    Your motherboard has a white 4 pin port right behind the mouse/keyboard ports. Your PSU needs to be plugged into that port. That supplies power to your CPU socket. Without it, you will get those exact symptoms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer monitors get no signal? [ 2 Answers ]

Tried a different power supply had the video card checked put new motherboard and cpu in it, what's next the memory or the harddrives

Desktop on computer [ 3 Answers ]

How do I remove picture from desktop

Computer Monitor - No signal [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently built my computer with my brother and we are both stuck. Everything is hooked in correctly. My motherboard is a Gigabyte x58a-ud3r. The monitor is hooked in through my graphics card but sadly there is no drivers considering we can't even get it to show on the screen and the mother...

My Computer icon on desktop not working properly [ 7 Answers ]

Hi All, I am new to this forum, but am computer literate. I build and repair them if that lets you know anything. I have never had a problem like this before. When I double click on "My Computer" on my desktop, it will then open up to show all of my drives and open ports and such. That is as...

New desktop, no signal to moniter [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently purchased an Acer 20" Al2016WBBD widescreen moniter, and a HP Pavilion a1767c desktop and upon unpacking everything and plugging it in, there is no signal to the moniter. Everything is powered correctly, the tower makes no beeping sounds of any kind, the cable to the tower and...

View more questions Search