Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HotHoneyVintage Posts: 231, Reputation: 6

Nov 13, 2011, 04:12 PM
    What is the point of hooking up/making out?
    Hello

What is the points of hooking up or making out with a person? What is the POINT of it because I don't really get it.
    suprazboy Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Nov 13, 2011, 05:06 PM
    The touching of lips is arousing for some people. Simply.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 13, 2011, 05:24 PM
    Is there anything you do, HHV, that makes you smile and feel happy and want to do more of? That's what making out is like for many people.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 13, 2011, 05:59 PM
    I don't personally agree with "hooking up" that is to my understanding random sex with people you just meet.
    But it is done for the pleasure and fun of sex. Most people do enjoy the physical pleasure it brings. For most it comes from the emotional times of the relationship.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 15, 2011, 03:50 PM
    It makes you feel good for a little while, and its fun for most, not all but most.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2011, 04:37 PM
    Everything above, for you though there is no point in it... especially if you don't get it... so stay away from it and take care of yourself! Go YOU!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 15, 2011, 04:42 PM
    That is very typical for someone with Asperger's, not understanding what the point is of kissing or making out or cuddling. My husband would rather go hiking or change the oil in his van.

Nov 17, 2011, 07:22 AM
    That's sad being like that when everyone else 'gets it' though w.g.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 17, 2011, 07:33 AM
    Not everyone "gets it" HHV. You aren't the only one.

Nov 17, 2011, 08:15 AM
    "Most" people 'get it.' u can't say they don't either because look around you mostly all the question post have to do with some cheating boyfriend or some girlfriend issues. Most people wants or are in relationship or w/e :(. Also a lot of peoples make a huge deal out of sex and its all around us everywhere we turn for a reason imo.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 17, 2011, 08:23 AM
    Well, let's see, I've been married for over 20 years now. Want to take a guess when the last time I "got it?" There is more to relationships than sex.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 17, 2011, 09:23 AM
    Do you watch TV a lot, HHV?

Nov 17, 2011, 11:34 AM
    Yes I watch TV.

j9 that's what people say 'sex not a big deal' yet that is not what is baring out in the real world. If its not a big deal then why is people so obsessed with it then? You cannot deny that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 17, 2011, 11:37 AM
    Is your idea of the real world what you see on TV? On reality shows and on soaps and on sitcoms?
    Expert

Nov 17, 2011, 04:08 PM
    LOL, people trying to sell you something, or keep your attention often use sex as a way to do this. Perfect hair, perfect skin, abs galore. You want to see real life, go to Wal Mart and see how real people look when they don't have an army of make up artists, and hair dressers following them around.

They seems so perfect, so they must have a perfect life, but upon deeper examination, the people in front of the camera, go from one pretty person to another looking for happiness. All that money and they still don't know what love, sex, and happiness is really about.

To bad reality takes years to learn, often the hard way, after many trials, and many errors.

And you won't learn those lessons on TV, in magazines, or from your friends.

Nov 17, 2011, 11:58 PM
    w.g. I like to read, remember that's really only thing that make me happy and going to the thrift store. Do any of you like that? Can find some really neat stuff there, I go once weekly... as far as 'doing something that make you happy and you want to do more of it' as related to love/sexual then no, can't say I ever have this experience & very likely never will. Sigh. Its pathetic. I can only talk about material thing that makes me happpy nothing else.

Sometime it make me sick to my stomach when people talks about the 'physical pleasures' of sexuality :(. That's another indicator of being 'abnormal freak' -- because MOST people like it and everything.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 18, 2011, 12:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHoneyVintage View Post
    as related to love/sexual then no, can't say i ever have this experience & very likely never will. sigh. its pathetic. i can only talk about material thing that makes me happpy nothing else.
    The love/sex stuff takes up such a small part of anyone's day, if it takes up any of it at all. I suspect you've been watching too much TV or too many movies.

It's like my soap opera. Someone is always jumping into bed with someone else, and the women wear these spaghetti-strap cocktail dresses no matter where they are and what they are doing on the show. The cat never throws up hairballs and the baby never poops in his diaper and no one ever cooks a meal. There's no real life; it's all imaginary.
    Expert

Nov 18, 2011, 08:12 AM
    Just because people look happy and talk of how happy they are doesn't mean they are. Just because you are not in the mainstream of thinking or activities doesn't make you an abnormal freak either.

I think you are just at the time in your own life where you want to fit in and be happy, like everyone else, but also accepted for your own uniqueness. Don't worry about others so much, and what they seem to be doing bur focus more on what you are doing for yourself.

Your journey through life is all your own choosing as far as direction goes, but you have to focus on YOU being happy with yourself, and what you are doing. Look a bit further down the road, and see where you want to be in a few years. Actually visualize what you want to be involved in, and set a goal, and make a plan to get there.

Then what others do or say, will have a lot less impact, and influence on your own happiness.

Nov 19, 2011, 06:09 PM
    I don't sees myself doing nothing different 5 year from now. There is nothing 'to see' IMO. And also I don't believes everything on TV either! I am just saying I get tired of how some people like to pretends none of it is a big deal even at my age they act like I am 18 or sometime. Obviously something not right if I am not even on the level with most peeers my age. Why some of you won't admit is ridiculous. Yes the people at walmart are not perfect but they have relationship they are there with their spouses and kids. So obviously they are normal.
    Expert

Nov 19, 2011, 06:15 PM
    No human is normal, we all have our own personal flaws. So forget about that normal crap, and do your own thing, and stop tripping on what others are doing, and thinking.

That's what's pointless. Focus on what you want to do and be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find the components of the vector v with given point P and terminal point Q, [ 1 Answers ]

Find the components of the vector v with given point P and terminal point Q, find te unit vector in the direction of v. 1. p: (3.2.0) Q: (5, -2,0)

Break up or making a point? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my ex went out for eight months and we had a lot invested in this time. She has a four year old boy that I was around a lot and my familys kids were too. We were planning on moving in together till we had a fight a couple of months ago. At that time she said we need to wait on moving in as...

View more questions Search