Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcounty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2011, 07:53 PM
    Corian countertop
    I am installing a new cooktop in my corian countertop and I am about 1/2 inches to short on the width and length. What is the best way to do this? Will a sander work?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2011, 08:13 PM
    A sander will take forever and fill the house with dust. You can use a circulating saw, 4-5" preferable, with a carbide blade. You can also drill a series of holes at thee opening you need and then cut with a saber saw with a grit carbide blade and then finish sand. I will assume the cut edge is not visible.
    kidolph Posts: 90, Reputation: 12

Nov 14, 2011, 06:58 AM
    dcounty

Check out this thread. All of the information is there.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/interi...ng-603935.html

Ken

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corian Countertop Repair [ 12 Answers ]

Does anyone have a good product to sand a lightly scratched corian countertop? Dupont only gives general guidelines. The scratches are from normal use. Thanks

Disposal of Corian Countertop [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can recycle of sell a Corian Kitchen Countertop that is in good condition and is being replaced. I was told that there are companies that purchase these countertops for recycling. Thank you,

Corian Countertop Repair [ 7 Answers ]

I was drilling on my white Corian kitchen countertop and accidentally drilled 2 holes about 1/8" deep into a Corian countertop. The holes are too deep to sand away. Is there a way to repair these holes with some kind of fill?

Corian countertop [ 1 Answers ]

I need to find out how to repair my corain counter top it has a large crack. I have read about routing out 1/4" and how they have kits with glue and particles, BUT where can you get the kits?:confused: :confused: PLEASE HELP ME

Corian countertop [ 4 Answers ]

How do I repair a cracked corion countertop

View more questions Search