Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigpatpgh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2011, 03:22 PM
    How to buy abandoned property?
    I am interested in a property that has been abandoned, I know the owner has passed on. I can see by online county records that the taxes have not been paid in 4 years but may not have since her death 6 years ago. There is not bank mortgage on the property (also by online records). How do I go about getting this property?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 12, 2011, 05:24 PM
    Check at the county court house in person, look at the recorder of deed to verify any liens on the property. Check with the property tax office where the tax bills are going and how much tax is actully owed.

You will need to find the heir to the property and try to buy it from them.

The state may also put the property up to auction at a tax sale. Where you will bid on it against other buyers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to buy abandoned homes [ 12 Answers ]

I know there is a way to buy abandoned homes without negotiating with the owner. As you can imagine, some refrain from sharing their secrets. Anyone have any clues?

I lived in my home for 7yrs,landlord and bank has abandoned property I want to buy it [ 1 Answers ]

I have lived in my home for 7yrs, the individual (landlord) who originally leased the property to me for use as a group home is no where to be found. The bank who is shown as the owner is no longer in existence. I have searched for the last six years to no avail, to get information and all roads...

How can you buy an abandoned house? [ 6 Answers ]

I have done much research trying to track down the owner of the home. He left the country 2 years ago and is not planning on returning. The HOA has a $17,000 lien against the house, which is probably more adding the monthly dues. This home is not in forclosesure and basically sitting in Central...

How to Buy an abandoned home [ 1 Answers ]

I live in eastern NC: I would like to know who do you contact to buy a abandoned home. I have drove past this house for 7 years and it's just sitting there empty and unused. I already have land I just need to find a house that is movable on my property.

BUY abandoned house [ 1 Answers ]

How can I do to buy abandoned house,where is the right place to find all the information

View more questions Search