Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gothica12 Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Nov 12, 2011, 12:50 PM
    What's your opinion of the following questions ON ECE (Early Childhood Educators?)
    Ok so , I'm studying to be an ece but I was wondering the following.

Can ECEs still have a healthy social life and lesiure time ( espically since many eces are starting in their 20s, including early 20s and would like to be able to see their friends, and enjoy their 20s)

Can ECES go clubbing as long as it doesn't affect their work and they don't come in drunk one day and don't wear certain clothing to the centre?(What people do outside work is kind of their own and perhaps friends buisness)

Do you think eces should be able to work parttime?

(It's long hours and I feel that they should be able to work 8 hours. So one ece teacher in the room would work lets say 8-4 and the other works 10 to 6 or something and they trade off on days they get off). Yes I know the children are a proroity, and there's the whole ratio thing, but that's why you hire more.

Should eces get an hour lunch break?
    Again the same (but one ece goes for an hour and then comes back and then switches off)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2011, 08:54 AM
    Yes, you should still be able to have a social life. Where would you be working? It can depend on where you live, but most places have laws in place regarding the number of hours you work and the breaks you receive.

The number of hours you work can depend on what the requirement is where you live in regards to teacher/child ratios. How many children are being cared for in the centre? How many employees does the centre have?. and so on.

What you do in your social life, clubbing for example, may be an issue with the owners of the centre you work for. If that is the case, then you simply do not work for them. Others will be fine with you having a social life as long as you are not getting into trouble. It can be preferred as well, not to be in places where you may run into some of the parents if you feel your behaviour may not be received well.

While it may not always be written, educators are often held to a higher standard and expected to behave in ways that are considered decent and professional. May not always be fair, but that is often how it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early Childhood Educators! [ 8 Answers ]

I was curious, to all you ECE's out there, how is it? Is it hard to find work like at a daycare? I also am curious to know how I would go about becoming one later in my life,

Early Childhood [ 3 Answers ]

What Does it take to become a Early Childhood Teacher:p

View more questions Search