Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ltheron40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2011, 10:30 AM
    Another term for the price/earnings ratio is
    Another term for the price/earnings ratio is?
    dstyers Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2011, 07:09 PM
    The price/ earnings ratio is a valuation ratio of a company's current share price compared to its per-share earnings.

Calculated as:

Market Value per Share/
    Earnings per Share (EPS)

For example, if a company is currently trading at $43 a share and earnings over the last 12 months were $1.95 per share, the P/E ratio for the stock would be 22.05 ($43/$1.95). It is also sometimes known as "price multiple" or "earnings multiple".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Write this ratio as a fraction in the lowest term. [ 1 Answers ]

Write this ratio as a fraction in the lowest term. 80 minutes to 70 minutes?

Price/Earnings ratio [ 1 Answers ]

Not sure if I did this problem right.. please clarify? :confused: A company has an EPS of $2.00 Cash flow per share of $3.00 Price/cash flow ratio of 8.0x What is its P/E ratio? Price Per Earnings Ratio = Market Value Per Share / Earnings Per Share (EPS)

Finance Price Earnings ratio [ 1 Answers ]

common stck w/ market value of 1.5 times its book value of 15.00 and their EPS is $1.40- what is the companys p/e ratio?

Price-Earnings (PE) ratio [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am looking at the latest annual report for a company called Mosaic and now I am having trouble finding the Price-Earnings (PE) ratio. The equation to solve this ratio is (Market Price per share of Stock)/(Earnings Per Share) First: Does this market price have to be historical market...

View more questions Search