Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karissa.elise Posts: 98, Reputation: -4

Nov 12, 2011, 09:04 AM
    Undescended testicle
    The doctors think my son might have undescended testicle. I also noticed that his penis is kind of small. He is 8 months so I don't know if that's the reason, the docter said its because he's chubby and the area around it's chubby and when I push down it pops out and seems bigger. Should I be worried?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 12, 2011, 09:09 AM
    Why are you worried about the size of his penis, your worry about that is my concern?

If the doctor is not concerned don't worry

Nov 12, 2011, 09:21 AM
    I'm worried about him having undesended testi. I said it asking if I should be worried.

And I've seen you post the same question on someone else's post. Im his mother if I notice something out of the oridanary. Of course I'm going to worry.
    You don't need to be concered about me or my son if your not responding to help.
    Don't RESPOND!

JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2011, 09:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by karissa.elise View Post
    im worried about him having undesended testi. i said it asking if i should be worried.

and ive seen you post the same question on someone elses post. Im his mother if i notice something out of the oridanary. of course im going to worry.
    you dont need to be concered about me or my son if your not responding to help.
    DONT RESPOND!

You are way out of line here. Typing in caps is the same as shouting - there is no need to shout.

You are posting on a public board. Everyone else reads and those who choose to respond, do. If you want someone to agree with everything you say, talk only to your friends.

I also wonder why you are concerned about the size of your sons penis. Read your post again - YOU are the one who mentioned it.

You owe FrChuck an apology.

Nov 12, 2011, 10:33 AM
    I'm not out of line. I don't need people to agree with me. However,he choose to say he was concered about me worrying about my son. Really? How is that concerning. Any mother would be concerned if they thought something was wrong I didn't say I was CONCERND with his size. I was ASKING if I should be concerned.

Another mother posted a similar question and it feels to me, I could be wrong, but it made me feel like he was suggesting I was being perverted or something. And he said something along the same lines to the other mother. And I think HE was out of line.

I'm not trying to be rude to you. But his coment bothered me. Mostly because I was the second person he had said it to.
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2011, 11:12 AM
    Let me be frank here - you've already discussed the undescended testicle with a Physician. That's not an issue.

I find it HIGHLY unusual for a mother to "notice" that his penis is kind of small and when you push down (on him) his penis seems to pop up a little and seem bigger.

I think FrChuck struck it right on the head. Yes, you should be worried, but not about your son and the size of his penis.

Nov 12, 2011, 11:23 AM
    Accually it is an issue. Which is why I posted to hear other peoples experience.
    And if you find it HIGHLY unusual that's because you have no idea what your talking about. So thanks but your wasting my time.

And chuck didn't say I should worry. So get the facts straight before you talk ****

Its really pathetic that I can't come on here and ask for help without people like you trying to make problems and be rude.
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2011, 11:53 AM
    Well, I must admit I never pushed down on my son's body to see if that would make his penis bigger. You've got that right.

This is particularly chilling because you have worked both as a babysitter and in a day care facility.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 13, 2011, 06:45 AM
    First, when you post on a site like this you open yourself up to any response as long as it does not violate our rules.

You cannot dictate who can or cannot respond as long as they stay within the rules.

I also found the concern about an 8 month old's penis size to be questionable.

But since this thread has gone off I'm closing it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 13, 2011, 07:39 AM
    I will add one word, since you don't see know know what are worry is. It is that there is a sexual abuse of your child by you, with your concern over a size of a babies penis and your pushing on it and it getting bigger issues. So we are concerned or worried about your intent.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 13, 2011, 07:47 AM
    I have to disagree with some of you over the penis size issue. Some babies do have what is called a micro-penis, which is small and can cause some mothers to be concerned.
    Expert

Nov 13, 2011, 08:23 AM
    I am reopening this thread as I need some feedback from the OP on her son's condition regarding the undescended testes, which is called Cryptorchidism.

Have you noticed that your son's penis has always been small? Has he been diagnosed with any other medical conditions?

However, as a nurse who works in a newborn nursery, we never teach mothers to "push down" on their children when changing a diaper.

Nov 13, 2011, 09:51 AM
    Thank you. Is was concering because the doctor was the one who brought it up. When he got cercomsized the doctor told me to clean him,obviously, but she also ,as she was showing me, pushed down on the area around it beacuase he's chubby you need to to clean him.

And no he doesn't have any other medical concers. I went to his doctor for his monthly apt this week that's when his doctor said he might have undescende testi. Were still not 100% so I had to make an apt with a uroligist. And hell tell us more. Util then I've been reading about it and was posting to see if it was just him being chbby or the u.t could be linked to the size I wasn't too worried because he is so young.
    Expert

Nov 13, 2011, 09:58 AM
    How much does he weigh? No matter how chubby he you should not have to push on him to get to his penis.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 13, 2011, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I have to disagree with some of you over the penis size issue. Some babies do have what is called a micro-penis, which is small and can cause some mothers to be concerned.
    For the record, my point was that the expression of concern by responders was justifiable. Not that the OP's concern wasn't. Thanks J-_9 for bringing
    another perspective to this.
    Expert

Nov 13, 2011, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    For the record, my point was that the expression of concern by responders was justifiable. Not that the OP's concern wasn't.
    You see, I don't think it was justifiable due to the undescended testes. There are medical conditions that cause both an undescended testicle and a micropenis. I think they just jumped to conclusions.

Nov 13, 2011, 10:05 AM
    He wieghs abou 20 pounds. And I do have to push on the surrounding area of his penis to wipe it he's chubby his doctor also did this. It makes me nervous because I don't know if its normal but the doctor has seen it and didn't say anyting besides he's chubby and once he's older it'll be normal.
    Expert

Nov 13, 2011, 10:08 AM
    Was he a full term baby or was he born early?

Nov 13, 2011, 10:16 AM
    He was full term. There were no problems with the birth.
    Expert

Nov 13, 2011, 10:17 AM
    Did the doctor notice this at birth or is this a rather recent development?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cost Neutering Male with an undescended testicle [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all. I have a 14 month old male boxer and he has only one descended testicle. All the vets tell us we need to get him fixed because he is at a much higher risk of getting cancer. He is small for a boxer but because of his age and one testicle being undescended the cost will be higher I am sure....

Undescended testicle [ 2 Answers ]

I am 26 yrs old... my right testicle was undescended since birth.. my parents got me operated bt still the testicle did not descend down to the scrotal sacs.. it lies somewhat under my abdominal area since then.. I was suggested by sm1 to get a semen analysis test done.so I went for it.. the result...

Testicle pain moved from one testicle to the other [ 1 Answers ]

Hello , I am an 18 years old male and I would like to ask you about a testicular pain I have -what are the possible causes? Should I do something or just wait ? Two weeks ago I felt a strong pain in the right testicle - I felt that it has twisted but after a few seconds it untwisted on itself (I...

One testicle [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have 1 testicle and have had my hole life, I think it must have gone undetected as a kid as no one ever mentioned it to me. I have seen a doctor or anyone yet because I want it to be a secret. I was wondering am I indangering myself by not seeking advice.

View more questions Search