Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karissa.elise Posts: 98, Reputation: -4

Nov 13, 2011, 10:20 AM
    It was just notice this week by his doc. But from what I read they usually notice at birth. I think she may be wrong about the u.t and they jut moved or something at the time I don't know?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 13, 2011, 10:22 AM
    It is not uncommon for the testes to retract up in to the abdominal cavity for a short period. This is called a retractile testicle. If this is the case it should correct itself by the age of one year. If not, the child should be carefully re-evaluated.

Nov 14, 2011, 08:11 AM
    Yeah I hope that is the case. But we have to see a uroligist on December 12. Do you know how long the surgery is to correct it? I read its not bad and is even outpatient and someone in my family had it and my mom said they are fine.
    Expert

Nov 14, 2011, 08:13 AM
    I'm sorry, but I don't know much about the surgery. The best thing for you to do would be to make a list of all of your questions and take them with you to the urologist.

Nov 14, 2011, 08:18 AM
    Yes I will. Thanks for your help.. it just makes me nervoous.
    Expert

Nov 14, 2011, 08:21 AM
    I know it makes you nervous, this is your little man's health you are talking about. You are justified in being nervous. I wish I could help you more.

Nov 14, 2011, 08:23 AM
    You've helped plenty. Thank you.

Dec 12, 2011, 10:20 AM
    Just so everyone knows his appt. is today..
    Hope everything goes well!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2011, 01:53 PM
    Let us know how it comes out
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 12, 2011, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Let us know how it comes out
    Probably not the best choice of words <eg>

Dec 12, 2011, 03:25 PM
    OK so we just got home. And he's fine. He doesn't have anything wrong. His testi's are fine. No problems.! Thank god!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cost Neutering Male with an undescended testicle [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all. I have a 14 month old male boxer and he has only one descended testicle. All the vets tell us we need to get him fixed because he is at a much higher risk of getting cancer. He is small for a boxer but because of his age and one testicle being undescended the cost will be higher I am sure....

Undescended testicle [ 2 Answers ]

I am 26 yrs old... my right testicle was undescended since birth.. my parents got me operated bt still the testicle did not descend down to the scrotal sacs.. it lies somewhat under my abdominal area since then.. I was suggested by sm1 to get a semen analysis test done.so I went for it.. the result...

Testicle pain moved from one testicle to the other [ 1 Answers ]

Hello , I am an 18 years old male and I would like to ask you about a testicular pain I have -what are the possible causes? Should I do something or just wait ? Two weeks ago I felt a strong pain in the right testicle - I felt that it has twisted but after a few seconds it untwisted on itself (I...

One testicle [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have 1 testicle and have had my hole life, I think it must have gone undetected as a kid as no one ever mentioned it to me. I have seen a doctor or anyone yet because I want it to be a secret. I was wondering am I indangering myself by not seeking advice.

View more questions Search