Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    malcome Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2011, 05:37 PM
    Oil boiler switch to gas boiler
    I have a 1940's oil furnace with original radiator (built in fin tube with steel, radiator size covers) I want to switch to high efficiency natural gas. Are there any "Don'ts" that I should be aware of? I want to get a combination system and replace my electric water heater also. Is an instant hot water system like a Rinnai better than a system that uses a heat exchanger for the domestic hot water? Should I try to flush out the system before I Demo the old Furnace? What is that process? Is it OK to drain the system and leave it empty for a couple months? Brand name suggestions welcome

Check out some similar questions!

Spark ignition gas boiler Weil McLain pilot lights but boiler doesn't s [ 2 Answers ]

Spark ignition gas boiler. Weil McLain gas boiler. The pilot lights but the boiler doesn't start.

I have a walstar oil boiler which keeps stoping but fires up on rest switch [ 0 Answers ]

I have changed all the fittings from oil tank to flexible hose at the boiler I did this because I had air bubbles coming in on the pipe line this cured that problem but has left me with another one. The second problem is the boiler has to be reset from the outside switch which is in the housing...

How to oil your gas fired hot water boiler [ 0 Answers ]

I am about to put our gas fired hot water boiler on, I know I need to oil it, where do I oil it and how much?

I have a linea 28 gas boiler ,the hot water is working fine but when I switch it over [ 0 Answers ]

To the ch it won't come on the boiler is making noise that it is working but the rads are not getting hot, does anyone have a solution please thanks.

Boiler Conversion Oil to Gas [ 2 Answers ]

FOR MASSPLUMBER: Looking to replace aging oil boiler(20 yrs, but light use) with gas boiler. My current boiler runs at 80% efficiency, in your opinion, is it worth it to upgrade and to which type of gas boiler? I was told I would need about 150000BTU boiler. Also, what is the best way to heat...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.