Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    makebelieve21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2011, 01:26 PM
    Managerial accounting help?
    Minden Company is a wholesale distributor of premium European chocolates. The company's balance sheet as of April 30 is given below:

Minden Company
    Balance Sheet
    April 30
    Assets
    Cash $9,000
    Accounts receivable 54,000
    Inventory 30,000
    Buildings and equipment, net of depreciation 207,000
    Total assets $300,000
    Liabilities and Stockholders' Equity
    Accounts payable $63,000
    Note payable 14,500
    Capital stock, no par 180,000
    Retained earnings 42,500
    Total liabilities and stockholders' equity $300,000

The company is in the process of preparing budget data for May. A number of budget items have already been prepared, as stated below:

a.

Sales are budgeted at $200,000 for May. Of these sales, $60,000 will be for cash; the remainder will be credit sales. One-half of a month's credit sales are collected in the month the sales are made, and the remainder is collected in the following month. All of the April 30 accounts receivable will be collected in May.
    b.

Purchases of inventory are expected to total $120,000 during May. These purchases will all be on account. Forty percent of all purchases are paid for in the month of purchase; the remainder are paid in the following month. All of the April 30 accounts payable to suppliers will be paid during May.
    c. The May 31 inventory balance is budgeted at $40,000.
    d. Selling and administrative expenses for May are budgeted at $72,000, exclusive of depreciation. These expenses will be paid in cash. Depreciation is budgeted at $2,000 for the month.
    e. The note payable on the April 30 balance sheet will be paid during May, with $100 in interest. (All of the interest relates to May.)
    f. New refrigerating equipment costing $6,500 will be purchased for cash during May.
    g. During May, the company will borrow $20,000 from its bank by giving a new note payable to the bank for that amount. The new note will be due in one year.

(a) What is the expected cash receipts from sales and the expected cash payments for merchandise purchases?
    Total cash receipts:
    Total cash payments:

(b) Compute the following for the month May.
    Total cash available:
    Total cash disbursements:
    Excess of receipts over disbursements:
    Total financing:
    Cash balance,ending:

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between cost accounting and managerial accounting? [ 1 Answers ]

What differences exist between cost accounting and managerial accounting?

What is the difference between Managerial Accounting and Cost Accounting ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Dears, I want to know about the difference between Managerial Accounting and Cost Accounting. Thanks ! Sincerely Yours, Mohammad Naim

Managerial accounting [ 1 Answers ]

Northern Pacific Fixtures Company sells a single product for $28 per unit. If variable expenses are 65% of sales and fixed expenses total $9,800, the break-even point will be:

Managerial accounting [ 1 Answers ]

How do I explain it when my inventory has reduce, my sale is up and my income is down.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.