Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quanetta Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2011, 07:55 AM
    Is my son trying to communicate with me?
    M y oldest son passed away on April 15,2011 from no brain activity after he went to the hospital complaining of shortness of breath.
    While waiting to be seen in the emergency room, he went to the bathroom and passed out in there. None of the staff checked on him for quite a while.. I really don't know for how long, but I do know it was long enough for him to lose oxygen to his brain.

To make a long story short... he was on life support for ten days and then passed away.I never got a chance to talk to him before he passed away.

I have always been able to see spirits since a child. Right here recently strange things have been happening. It started with the dishwasher turning on by itself. Not all the time but just when it wants to.
    My computer turns on by itself, after I have logged off and it has been sitting idle all day and night,this happened around 3 am one morning. The sound of someone starting it up is what woke me up.

One day I came home for lunch and my patio closet door is sittng open. We are in an upstairs apartment and that is a heavy door.

And finally last but not least... Me,my youngest son, and my husband are relaxing in our bedroom watching TV with the light off.
    The light is on the ceiling fan which has pull cords to turn it on and off plus a light switch in the wall to do the same. The light turned on by itself.
    We thought that my grand daughter had maybe turned the ligt switch on the wall on but she was down the hall in her bedroom.
    Also me and my son heard the pullcord sound as if someone had pulled it! My husband said he didn't hear it, but we sure did.

Im just glad that my family doesn't think that Im grieving and therefore experiencing strange things because they are seeing things too.

Do you think my son is doing these things to communicate with us because we didn't get the chance to say goodbye or could it be something else?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 11, 2011, 12:00 PM
    There are many things that happen that can not be explained,
    Does it make you feel peaceful that you feel he is ?

Nov 11, 2011, 01:37 PM
    I feel like Im crazy because I know its him. I can feel him. I just wonder why he chooses to communicate by turning things on and off. And yes I feel at peace because I know he is around us. Im not afraid, just a little baffled. He was a very comical guy so do you think he is trying to be funny?
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Nov 11, 2011, 04:06 PM
    I know you're not crazy... but I also do not believe it is your son. I believe the only reliable source for information on the spirit world to be the Bible. There are several verses that back up the fact that the human spirit does not remain after death.

The fact that you have been able to see spirits your whole life makes me believe that the death of your son was just an opening through which these spirits are now choosing to manifest. Please be careful with this. Of course this is not a view I can force upon you and it is your choice what you do with the advice given. If it were my house these spirits would not be permitted to stay.

I do not believe "peace" to be something we can gauge a spirit's intentions by...
    2 Corinthians 11:14-"...for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light".

Nov 11, 2011, 07:26 PM
    What must I do to get rid of them and will they get worse if I choose to believe it is my son and do nothing?
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Nov 11, 2011, 09:06 PM
    Well, yes I personally do believe that is one of the many dangers in allowing them to stay around. The devil doesn't stop at a foothold, that's just what he uses to get started. It could stay the same, it could get worse... that is something time will tell. Simply knowing what it really is should be reason enough to not want it around. I think if you acknowledge it is your son and treat it as such, it gives it more liberty to manifest more often. But like I said, the activity could stay the same... I cannot say. It is your choice what you want to do.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Nov 12, 2011, 08:30 AM
    I am sorry to hear of your sons passing.

I agree with Padre that it could be any number of things.

Electronic devices can seem to have a mind of their own at times and can be affected by numerous outside sources like radio waves and solar activity.

Drafts and vibration can cause doors to open and close in what looks to be a mysterious manner.

I also agree with HH that it could be a spirit or ghost or entity or demon trying to get the invitation required to enter your life as the bible says is required for it do so. An evil mind could see this as an opportunity to deceive its way in.

Many people also believe that loved ones who have passed have visited them offering comfort and assurance they are in a better place .

I would be concerned if the events continue for much longer, increase in number and/or strength or make you uneasy or fearful.

If you are comfortable with talking to your local clergy about this , I would do that stating my concern and get their opinion . You could even have the house blessed which often is enough to halt what is suspected paranormal activity.
    Also ,occasionally , it will trigger increased activity but that too can be dealt with .

Keep us updated on what is happening and what you decide to do or if you want to discuss this further please feel free to do so.
    Our purpose here is to offer help in any way we can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Our 21 year old son left college and refuses to communicate with us [ 2 Answers ]

A year ago our 21 year old son left college abruptly, at the beginning of the semester, last year after breaking up with his girlfriend, and refuses to talk or see us. He has responded a few times (five or six) to text messages with 'thank you' to a Happy Birthday or Thanksgiving text message....

How do I communicate? [ 14 Answers ]

I bought a house two years ago and I have a spirit haunting me. What is the best way to communicate with it to see what it wants?

My 4 yr old son does not talk, or communicate non-verbally well, hearing is fine. Why [ 1 Answers ]

He has been in Speech, and Sensory therapy for at least a year. Been to a Neuronogist, Geniticist, had an MRI. Nothing, all is fine except my sweet, very active boy still can not talk. The therapy has help improve his non-verbal communication a bit which helps. They have ruled out autism, but no...

He is asking me not to communicate with him. [ 29 Answers ]

I broke up with over 2 months ago. Things were getting too complicated and serious. He was 27, me 22. I am young to settle down so I backed off. Because I couldn't see this working out this time around. I have told him this all the reason why I am breaking up with him. Which has nothing to do with...

Can't communicate [ 11 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I wrote recently about someone I have been seeing for the past 4 months but that we both live apart in different countries. Most people replied that I should just be patient and let the guy take he lead which I am doing. However another difficulty has occurred in that I am finding...

View more questions Search