Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wendyjune Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2011, 07:45 AM
    What can cause an outlet to stop working if circuit breakers are not tripped?
    We have several outlets in our bathrooms, one is directly over the other, that suddenly stopped working. We have checked the circuit breakers and none of them are tripped. And we have checked the appliances and they all work in other outlets.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2011, 07:55 AM
    The outlet in bathroom should be a GFI(ground fault interrupter). If it is push reset button.

If not, u sounds like u have a wire that came loose. Shut off breaker and remove outlet from box and check wiring. If wires are in speed connectors move to the screws.

Turn on breaker and see if outlet is working. If not get back to us and we will go to the next step.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Circuit breaker working when tripped? [ 5 Answers ]

I have one 20 amp circuit breaker, on approx. 20 outlets, instantly tripping. Curiously several outlets still maintain full power. Replaced breaker, which looked fine, same deal. Unplugged all items from dead outlets, same deal. Checked outer area of outlets, and listened in areas for pops,...

Wire a 220 electric range outlet to circuit breakers [ 2 Answers ]

Need to install 220 outlet for electric range... please tell me how to hook up wirs at eletrical panel... breakers not fuses

110 outlet stops working, NOT tripping any circuit breaker. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 220 outlet three feet from a 110 outlet. When I am using a clothes washer on the 110, it goes dead after a while (10-30 minutes). No breaker is tripped. When I turn on the 220 clothes dryer, the 110 washer restarts from where it left off.

View more questions Search