Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brouwer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2011, 06:58 AM
    Baby ten and a half months old vomiting
    My baby all of a sudden was projectile vomiting last night.

And then I gave him a formula bottle in the middle of the night and he throw that back up. I gave him some water and he went back to sleep.

This morning he had a bit of cherrios and water with sugar in it , but now has the runny poops but hasn't thrown up,
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2011, 07:35 AM
    Call your Pediatrician and ask - no one can possibly diagnose this without seeing the baby and, even if we could, it would be dangerous to guess.
    Foxfyr31 Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Nov 12, 2011, 10:06 AM
    Projectile vomiting can be caused by a serious condition called pylorea stinosis
    So you need to contact your pediatritian asap. It might be something simple like acid reflux but better safe than sorry. I went through something very similar. Don't take chances. I hope everything works out that poor baby
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2011, 01:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brouwer View Post
    My baby all of a sudden was projectile vomiting last night.

And then i gave him a formula bottle in the middle of the night and he throw that back up. I gave him some water and he went back to sleep.

This morning he had a bit of cherrios and water with sugar in it , but now has the runny poops but hasnt thrown up,
    Since he has had some vomiting, and now loose stools, it sounds like it might be a viral or bacterial infection, or stomach bug. Often they just have to run their course, but obviously you will keep an eye on how he is doing.

As was said, best to have him seen if it continues. Also, it's a good idea to avoid adding sugar to his water. If he is no longer vomiting, continue with his usual feeding schedule. If you give him water, small amounts of plain water would be preferred. Although it usually is used when there is more elimination occurring, his doctor may suggest small of amounts of Pedialyte.

Keep an eye on him... hope he feels better soon!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi I had my baby ten months and having vaginal issues. [ 0 Answers ]

I had my baby ten months ago, well there is a long piece o skin that hangs out of my vagina that never exsisted before my baby. I think they did not stich me correctly. If so can it be fixed? Every time I have sex it iches really badly, is this normal?

Ten months on still hell [ 7 Answers ]

Ten months ago I got out of a relationship with a guy who was verbally and at times even got physical. After two months my flat mate helped me find the courage to leave him. Ten months on he calls me on my phone and calls me a whore and a dirty slut and has even destroyed some of my new...

Ten Months [ 6 Answers ]

My ten month old son has been walking for a month now he is staring to eat table foods, what worries me is that he will not hold his bottle. I am worried that he is advanced for a walker but what if he is behind in other skills

My girlfriend for the past ten months wants a break and says she needs time [ 4 Answers ]

So me and my girl friend have been together for ten months here in about two weeks. I love her to death. We were happy for a long time but she used to live an hour away but now she lives about 10 minutes away. I also had some bad habits that she didn't like and always tried to get me to change...

View more questions Search