Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khales1127 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2011, 11:42 PM
    Trying to figure my rights as a mother.
    I'm 19 my baby father is 21. I got pregnant under some pretty bad circumstances. He never wanted anything to do with her he actually denied her for the longest. He wasn't listed on the birth certificate,but he think that he can now come around and threatn me with shared custody when he never wanted anything to do with her. I want to know what steps should I take to protect my little girl.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 11, 2011, 04:24 AM
    Actually, there is not much you can do. By leaving him off the birth certificate, you are requiring him to go to court to enforce HIS rights. But if he does so, then it is likely he will get his rights. Unless you can prove he is a danger to the child he is entitled to be a father.

Its not clear what you are trying to protect your daughter from. A child is entitled to know and have a relationship with both their parents.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to figure out my next move- Abandonment/terminating his rights? [ 15 Answers ]

I am trying to find some information to help myself out with a situation I am in. I got pregnant by my boyfriend at the time last year. When he found out he told me to get an abortion. When I said I would not, he broke things off and told me never to contact him again. I had no interest until...

Trying to figure out any way to get child support or take rights from father. [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is now 9 1/2 years old, her biological father has not had any contact with her in almost 2 years. She wants nothing to do with him and refers to him by his name, refuses to call him dad. When my daughter was an infant, I went to court with her father re: child support. At the time,...

Why don't I have rights as a mother? [ 8 Answers ]

My ex husband is about 8 months behind in child support. Every time he is called to court her pays $100 to stay out of jail. The last time him and I went to court for visitation I told him I did not want my daughter to sleep at his father's house. I found things that he does w/ my daughter very...

Rights of mother who's parental rights have been terminated [ 5 Answers ]

I am engaged to a man who is divorced and has a 3.5 year old son. The birth mother signed over parental rights in the 12th Judicial Circuit in Florida in Nov 2006 and has not seen her son since then. We are looking into filing the adoption paperwork a year after we marry so that I am legally...

Mother rights [ 15 Answers ]

My daughter is 17 with a child and will be 18 in 2 months,can I move out and leave her in my apartment and pay the rent for 2 months with out it being ilegall or chid abandonment

View more questions Search