Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pugasaurus Posts: 65, Reputation: -4

Nov 10, 2011, 02:06 PM
    Help with BSNES super nintendo emulator please?
    I recently installed BSNES super Nintendo emulator v0.84 and I tried running super Mario kart ROM. It said Warning: NEC DSP firmware dsp1b.bin is missing./ I go and install that. Now I try running it again and this time it says Warning: NEC DSP firmware dsp1b.bin is of the wrong file size. I do not know what I'm doing wrong or where to put the darn thing. Please help.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2011, 03:47 PM
    Can't help with this one (legal reasons).
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 10, 2011, 06:05 PM
    The answer here is that you are trying to illegally use NES, that's why we can't help.

Nov 10, 2011, 08:30 PM
    How is that illegally using a snes emulator? To be honest I really didn't know that was doing so. I'm telling the truth ;O

Nov 10, 2011, 08:32 PM
    Okay answer this.. what am I doing that is illegal? Just explain so I know what I'm doing is wrong.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 11, 2011, 04:02 AM
    The emulator itself isn't illegal. But the ROM you are using may be. That video games are protected by copyright. Unless you legally obtained the game, then that is pirating.

Nov 11, 2011, 01:57 PM
    Thank you ScottGem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I leave filters off in a super nintendo emulator? [ 6 Answers ]

I know they have filters in BSNES, ZSNES, and SNES9x. Should I leave them off? Do they take away what the image is supposed to look like in a real super Nintendo?

Should I disable all filters in BSNES super nintendo emulator including smooth video? [ 1 Answers ]

I want my Super Nintendo emulator BSNES to look the STANDARD way a Super Nintendo would project it. Should I disable all filters and smooth video output that is already checked? Smooth video output is the same thing as ZSNES emulator Interpolation filter. I tested Super Mario all stars for Super...

In ZSNES emulator a super nintendo emulator is Triple buffering considered a filter? [ 0 Answers ]

I noticed triple buffering in ZSNES emulator that it kind of makes the image a tad bit blurry. Though it is not under filters should I enable it or is having just video sync better? Video sync in ZSNES makes everything smooth and blocky. Should I just enable video sync and not triple buffer? I want...

View more questions Search