Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flutterby4Me Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2011, 12:53 PM
    Canadian statutes of limitations?
    I was wondering if there is a statute of limitation for this scenario. I once signed up for an MLM in 2003, unfortunately my customer did not pay me and I could not pay it so that debt went to a third party collection agency. That debt was paid in full in 2004. This week I re-signed with that company (MLM) who is now charging me the fee for taking me to Collections. I was never informed of this second debt at the time of collection nor in the years to follow and I have lived at the same address since 2003 with the same phone number, because when I called them about this fee owing, the confirmed all of the information. I was told this fee is charged if person signs again with the company. Is this second debt legal and is there a statute on this type of debt?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 10, 2011, 02:14 PM
    More info is needed, what type of MLM, even what is the name of the company, Reserch on their history of complaints may show some things.

But why after trouble before did you go back with them?

What does your written contract state, nothing else.

And no if the debt was settled and paid in full though a collection agency, there is not "cost of debt" or other charges they collect on.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 10, 2011, 02:18 PM
    They can charge you a fee, you can decline to pay it or do business with them. This fee is not based on law, it's their policy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statutes of limitations in Ontario, Canada? [ 1 Answers ]

We had a concrete driveway poured on Nov. 13, 2010. In March 2011, it became clear that the job was botched. We met with the contractor in late March and he agreed that the concrete was defective for whatever reason. The contractor and concrete company have been dragging their feet and ignoring us...

Statutes of limitations canada? [ 0 Answers ]

We had a concrete driveway poured on Nov. 13, 2010. In March 2011, it became clear that the job was botched. We met with the contractor in late March and he agreed that the concrete was defective for whatever reason. He insisted that the concrete supplier check it out in their QC dept. The...

When does the statutes of limitations run out in because? [ 5 Answers ]

A mother lent her son a large sum of money and he hasn't been in touch since. She has tried different ways to find him But no luck. I'm not sure of the date but I think it was around 1997 or 1998. I don't want to ask her, because she doesn't know I'm doing this.

Statutes of limitations [ 5 Answers ]

If you have been convicted of theft,but you don't appear to serve you sentence, and leave town for 6 years, do you still have to serve the sentence?

View more questions Search