Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saichand Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2011, 03:35 AM
    How to write email to customer for the given issue?
    This is the issue...
    We are maintaining a clothes shop... Mr A is the regular customer to our shop. He purchased a high quality and price of dress. Later 2weeks Mr A came back to shop and want to return the dress and asking money. But as per the company norms if any dress will come back for return that must be considerable with in 3days. So we have to write a mail to the Mr A as like that's not possible.

Please say how to write it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 10, 2011, 04:19 AM
    Dear Mr A.

Our store policy, which is clearly posted in the store, is to allow return of any clothing item within 3 days. Since you did not return this item within the allotted time, I'm afraid we cannot allow a return.

Just keep it simple.

However, if Mr A is a regular and good customer, I would consider two things. First, the condition of the dress. Is it in unworn condition? Second, the resalability of the dress. Do you believe you can resell it, maybe at a discount?

If its unworn, you might say to Mr A that since he is such a good customer, you will make an exception this time. Maybe charge a 15% restocking fee. If its sellable, you might take it back under the condition that you can resell it and tell Mr A you will give him whatever you can sell it for.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 22, 2012, 01:42 PM
    First if A is a regular customer and buys high quality items, why is the store not considering an exception. If I was a long time regular customer known to the store, it is not out of the norm to expect special treatment.

Next if you are refusing, it is very impersonal to send an email. I would as a customer consider that in poor taste.
    Why not a phone call to talk to them and perhaps make some offer to try to make them feel better about it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to write a email to customer [ 5 Answers ]

I need to inform to the customer that we have tried to deliver the order but we did not get any reply from their end . So we are requesting them that we are reshceduling the delivery for tomorrow is that fine . Could you please let me know how wish us to proceed

Sample how to write to customer? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm just want to ask how can I aproach the customer in a nice way of sending them a great letter to welcoming them to our resort?

Write a email to the customer that some body has send wrong tellphone bill . Apol [ 1 Answers ]

Write a email to the customer that some body has send wrong tellphone bill

Would you kindly let me know how to thank a customer via email, for her purchase? [ 2 Answers ]

To follow up on the delivery status of her order and thank a customer for her purchase and asking for her feedback

View more questions Search