Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yummycrumby Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 09:27 PM
    Lien on my house?
    I am in the process of buying a house with my husband. I have bad credit, nad bills unpaid, my husband who took out the mortgage has good credit. My name is on the title can they put a lien on the house, and what des that mean? HELP!!
    Mortgage Advisor Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yummycrumby
    I am in the process of buying a house with my husband. I have bad credit, nad bills unpaid, my husband who took out the mortage has good credit. My name is on the title can they put a lien on the house, and what des that mean?? HELP!!!
    Hello There,

When you say can "they" put a lien on you title, are you speaking gabout the mortgage company?

If so, then yes, any time you get a mortgage loan, it HAS to be secured against your title.. Think about it, they are lending you thousands of dollars to purchase a home with the intent that you will pay them back with interest..

The only way they can SECURE their investment is to be sure you will pay them back.. So, if for instance you and your husband can't make the payments, they will foreclose on your house..

Meaning, they will take your house from you being they have a lien on you title for the amount of the loan you took out...

This is the way that mortgage lending works.. No lender will lend you money without attaching a lien on your title for that money...

If you have additional questions, look at my profile.. Im a licensed mortgage loan officer and would be happy to assist you with your mortgage needs..

Thanks, and good luck!

Jason fry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HOA Filing a Lien on a house. [ 3 Answers ]

I am the President of my Home Owners Association. We have a couple of homowners who refuse to pay their home owner dues. It clearly states in our bylaws that we reserve the right to file a lien against your house if you are delinquent in paying your dues. My questions are, do we need a lawyer to...

Selling before they put lien on house [ 4 Answers ]

My mother-in-law is in a bit of trouble and may have a lean on her house put into effect. She wants me to buy it from her before this happens... what kinds of issues should I be worried about?

No Lien, but can creditors come after house sale proceeds? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi- hope someone can help. Can't get a straight answer from my lawyer! My mother passed in 2004 with a large $20,000 hospital bill. They did drain their savings to pay about 25,000 of it! My dad had been making payments on the balance until he got sick. My dad died last March. He willed the...

House Lien Advice/Help please. [ 12 Answers ]

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, or If I can even find the right forum to get some advice, I will post my current situation in a few places and will check them all. Please Read I will try to be brief Current Situation : I'm a son trying to help out my dad with some...

Bad lien on house [ 1 Answers ]

A air conditioning company put a lien on my house, yet I never signed a contract with them to install a new AC unit. They said that I owed them money for installing the unit and removing it which was $800. I told them that I was interested in the purchase and installing of a new unit, but never...

View more questions Search