Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pugasaurus Posts: 65, Reputation: -4

Nov 9, 2011, 02:21 PM
    Does not being able to drive mean you're never going to find a woman?
    I can't drive does this mean I will die early because I can't ever get a woman?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 9, 2011, 02:24 PM
    I have no idea what you are talking about
    1. driving ( do you mean a car ?)
    2. get a women ( do you mean dating and marriage)
    3. die early??

But first why don't you drive ?
    Then why do you want to or need to ?
    There are most likely world wide, more people who don't drive than do. In Atlanta many people don't drive but live down down and do public transportation.

You meet people, you date,

But dating or getting married, does not make you live longer, that is done by taking care of your health and some luck

Nov 11, 2011, 12:35 PM
    Why are people having to drive everywhere now?
    Everywhere I see there is somebody driving a car. Back in the time when their were no cars. People got around a lot quicker. There were shops closer by pharmacies. Lets look at today. Shops have gotten farther because all these darn cars are being made to travel a lot further. Ever think of the people with DISABILITIES! How are the disabled supposed to get around if they don't drive like me. Come on now start using your old heads for once. How in Gods name am I supposed to get my groceries, go to parties, Go to the doctor without a car? I don't drive and it's stressing me out. I'm depressed every day. I get so frustrated that know I'll never drive. I get get to the point where I feel like I wasn't meant to be here because I'm one of few that will never drive.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2011, 12:47 PM
    I have read some of your other posts. The reasons you cannot "get" a woman have absolutely nothing to do with your ability to drive.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 11, 2011, 12:49 PM
    There are a lot more people in the world, farmland has been sacrificed to build homes and malls, so once a person gets out of a city with public transportation, knowing how to drive is almost a requirement. I didn't learn to drive until I was 28 (when I moved to the suburbs). Some people for whatever reason never learn how to drive. Many older people give up their keys because it's just too dangerous for them to be out on the road.

Many villages and church groups now offer free or low-cost transportation to the disabled and to seniors. All malls and stand-alone stores plus churches and libraries and schools have handicap parking near the front door. Grocery stores deliver right to a person's front door, and many businesses offer messenger services or will adapt to get products to customers and clients. And of course online shopping with UPS and FedEx delivery has become a normal part of life.

It seems we are doing our best to help the disabled get around and be able to go where they want to.
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2011, 12:51 PM
    I realize you think women won't date you because you don't drive - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/emotio...ml#post2944240.

Move to a more urban area or move closer to the center of town. I have lived in big cities where no one had a car because the cost of parking/garaging it was prohibitive.

You said you're a college student. How do you get back and forth? Most college towns I'm familiar with have a lot of stores and resources close to campus.

I object to the whole "buttholes" heading on this thread. You are out of line.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 11, 2011, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I object to the whole "buttholes" heading on this thread. You are out of line.
    I edited the title to get that word out of public view. This poster is being watched for that very reason.
    Expert

Nov 11, 2011, 01:08 PM
    You have a very wrong or poor outlook on things, before there was not very many drug stores, and perhaps most went untreated because if you did not have the money you did not get it, There was no ( in the US) medicaid for poor people, there was no health insurance for most.

There were corner stores, but in the larger cities there are still larger stores, they do cost more but that was the same back in history, things only got cheaper with large volume stores.

Cars don't have as much as the fact that
    Next not sure of your disability but disabled people drive every day, One leg, no leg ( they use hand controls on the cars) we have set up cars to run using a joystick system.

You seem to want to blame cars for all the evil in the world, but often it is out loutlook

Nov 11, 2011, 01:14 PM
    Driving issues?
    I know I will be one of those few people in the USA that don't drive. I have several questions. One of them is how am I supposed to get my groceries when I go to the store? Obviously I have no car so I can't put it into a trunk. I also can't just store it into a taxi. This is one of my biggest worries that I face on this earth. The other is since I don't drive That obviously mean I will never be dating or being in a relationship. This one doesn't worry me as much. Another is since I don't drive how am I supposed to get to my job. I obviously can't be late, and calling in a taxi takes extra mintes just for them to arrive and get me. My greatest fear is why was I cursed with this life? I am one of the few out of thousands that don't drive. It gets me depressed every day. I wish they never invented cars for one their not all the safe. Another reason is back before cars all the shopping stores, the doctor, and other places you needed to get to were all close together. You just had to walk a little ways. Look at today. They have moved stores further away causing it to take longer for you to get there. What are your thoughts?

Nov 11, 2011, 01:19 PM
    Thank you JudyKayTee

Nov 11, 2011, 01:20 PM
    Thank you Fr Chuck
    Expert

Nov 11, 2011, 01:26 PM
    You are the most negative and most self sorry person I have ever heard from lately.

You want to blame every issue or problem in your life, on the ability to drive, Guess why why can't you drive ? What is the disability?

But what about public transportation, busses, trains, subways, that is how 1000's and 100,000s of thousands get around, get to work get to the store and more.

Others use mobility scooters or chairs with baskets to get to work, to get to store and more.

And people with disabilities date, and marry,

You sound like you want to roll over and die because you don't drive.
    I work with disabled people daily and you are only disabled if you allow yourself to be.
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2011, 01:29 PM
    You have three open threads on this same subject right now. I think you are obsessed with driving.

Not being in a relationship or dating and not driving are two totally unrelated things. I don't know that lack of a license "obviously" means you can't date or be in a relationship. You've asked on another thread if not driving is the reason you're not in a relationship. I assured you that it's not.

By the way, you can't blame your lack of a drivers license for every problem in your life.

You say you are a college student. How do get back and forth (a question I've asked you before)? In this thread you refer to your job, never mention college.

Move to an urban area, close to stores, if transportation (or lack thereof) is the biggest problem in your life. Who drives you to help you pick out video games?

Why are you so sure you'll never drive?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 11, 2011, 01:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pugasaurus View Post
    I also can"t just store it into a taxi.
    I didn't drive until I was 28. Yes, since taxis have back seats and trunks, grocery bags can be stored there (for no extra charge). The driver will even help carry the bags to your front door. Sometimes a neighbor would go to the store and would ask if I wanted to ride along, so I did that too. Having no car can be okay. Millions of people don't own or drive cars.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2011, 01:39 PM
    Well... 'back in the day' *lets use little house on the prairie*
    They had to go what... 10 miles? On foot to get to town from their home.

In today's society, I would say the average distance of travel per day is 30-40 (im estimating here) if not more. So, it would make sense to use a vehicle, as a 30-40 mile trip on foot is liable to take you most of the day. Society just doesn't work that way anymore. You can't tell your boss 'oh ill be there around 1! Since I live so far!
    And you can't pay your bill a few days late because you were 'on your way'
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 11, 2011, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pugasaurus View Post
    back before cars all the shopping stores, the doctor, and other places you needed to get to were all close together.
    I grew up in a farm town of 500 people The nearest doctor was 20 minutes away. We didn't walk to him; he made house calls to our town. We walked to an IGA store two blocks away; it had dusty fruit and outdated packaged food. Yum. The school was a mile away. We rode our bikes to it. In winter, we walked.
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2011, 01:49 PM
    Is it just me or did the OP change?? That's not the question I had answered before.

As far as THIS question is concerned,
    No, not driving does NOT mean you will not find a woman. My husband didn't drive *still doesnt* there is nothing wrong with that
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2011, 02:03 PM
    OP had 3 threads, same question - they've been combined.

On the other hand... maybe it's just you <smirk!>
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2011, 04:40 PM
    Lol I should have noticed that huh :P lol
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2011, 06:07 PM
    Most people meet new partners either at work or at social venues.

Before I had my licence I used to walk or catch a bus to work, and as for social venues (bars, clubs etc) I always caught a taxi home as I had been drinking. And yup, you guessed it, I met my partner (who I have now been with for 6 years) when I didn't have a licence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm dateing a woman on line from ghana accra. How can I find out if she is who she say [ 4 Answers ]

Threads merged I'm dateing a woman from on line dateing site, and I want to know if I can find all about this person. What must I do.

Has any woman lost their sex drive after child birth [ 11 Answers ]

My wife had our first daughter almost 9 years ago. After her birth my wife has lost her sex drive. She still has not got it back. We talk about it but it is very hard for me. It feels like I am living with a roommate not my wife. We have a good relationship but will it ever come back. She has...

No Sex Drive (woman) [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 36 yrs old and have no sex drive. It is putting a big strain on my marriage. I don't know why I don't have the feelings I used to have. We have 7 children and have been married for almost 20 yrs. I want sex but when it comes down to it I can't bring myself to have it.I love my husband more then...

View more questions Search