Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetsun717 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2011, 11:25 AM
    My ex boyfriend contacted me after 3 days of NC...
    We broke up before and this time, he really meant it. He told me that he still likes me but he just doesn't want a relationship now. So I accepted it and only hang out with him once after break up. We went out for a short dinner and went back to his apartment and played some random videos on YouTube just like we always did. And then I did not contact him for 3 days and today he initiated the contact by saying "How are you?" and I replied "Good, U?" and then he replied saying he is done with his work for the week and asked me again about my job. I replied everything went well, thanks for asking but that was it. I am so confused as in whether he still wants me back? Or just asking me like a friend. I have no idea and if he just wants to keep me as a friend, I refuse to do so because I don't want to see the possibility that him dating another girl.

Thanks for your input!
    BK201 Posts: 338, Reputation: 150

Nov 9, 2011, 12:29 PM
    Does not looks like he wants you back, because, if he did, he will not be so casual in his text. My guess is, he felt lonely, did not have any plans and texted you. Do you still have feelings for him? If yes, suggest you be strict with your no contact rules.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2011, 01:10 PM
    Yes, be strict with the no contact. He has broken up with you, let him feel what he has lost. Only then will you get your answer whether he still wants you. However, if he has already broken up with you, I would suggest for you to start moving on and forget about a guy that takes you for granted and talks to you as a back up plan when he is bored.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 9, 2011, 01:13 PM
    He cares, but sees you as a friend, and to be fair, he probably needs a friend while he gets over being around you.

You have to be honest, and tell him you are unavailable for the buddy stuff.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 9, 2011, 01:50 PM
    And don't really see any no contact, eating out, watching things at his place, text back and forth.

How about real no contact and get back to us in about a month of no contact

Nov 11, 2011, 10:39 AM
    Thanks for the input. I just started the NC thing after Sunday.. I guess I was thinking too much. Well, I am not contacting him now so we will see what his reactions are.. Thanks, I will keep you all in the loop
    Expert

Nov 11, 2011, 10:53 AM
    His reactions don't matter. What matters is you leave him alone, and get your own life on a good path.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 11, 2011, 10:59 AM
    If you do no contact you will not know what his reactions are, since you are not contacting him. This has nothing to do with HIM, this is for you to be able to get over him and move on

Nov 14, 2011, 07:49 AM
    My ex still likes me but he doesn't want a relationship.
    Long story short, he broke up with me because I was acting needy and didn't give him time to study. I was devastated because he was such a nice guy and treated me so well - but I wasn't nice to him and didn't do as many things for him as he did for me.

After the breakup, he told me that he still likes me and he is a very genuine person and doesn't lie. It has been 2 weeks since we broke up and we hang out for like 5 times - he contacted me just to say hi and whenever I contacted him, even when he was studying, he would come out and see me. He would look in my eyes, complimented my outfit, noticed the smallest changes on me, got jealous of other guys complimenting on me, carried me when my feet hurt, fed me while eating.. We were just like boyfriend and girlfriend when we hang out! But he told me that as of right now, he doesn't want a relationship because he has so much to study.

The semester is ending in about a month and I want him back. Should I continue hanging out with me and being a good friend? I am actually content of the way we hang out now (he obviously cares for me a lot) but I would like him to be more committed. At the same time, I am afraid if I be his good friend (maybe with benefits too), he would get too comfortable and not wanting to commit.

What should I do? Should I show him the new me - not needy, independent, and care for him? Or should I stop contact and act cold to let him miss me? I know the reason we broke up was mainly because he has too much study and I controlled him too much.

Help! Thanks!
    Expert

Nov 14, 2011, 02:42 PM
    Hey if you don't mind being his option, and FWB when he has time, go for it.

Keep chasing, and impressing, and giving, and be happy with what you get back. He won't commit, he will take whatever you give him. If that's what YOU want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex contacted me [ 51 Answers ]

Threads merged, please keep all questions regarding the same issue in the same thread. After 3 month of dating me and my girlfriend just broke up last night. We've known each other for about 5 - 6 months total. A few basics. We were inseparable for the 1st month and a half, for the past month...

Ex contacted me! [ 5 Answers ]

I know the answer to this but just need the reassurance. My ex contacted me about being hopeless and sad in her life but still only wants to be friends. I am not over her yet and need to heal. I had to tell her not to contact me anymore and she almost got upset at me for this. (?? ) I need to...

PO hasn't contacted yet [ 3 Answers ]

My juvenile son got probation on Monday. Today is Friday and no one has gotten in touch with him or me yet. He wants to get started on community service. How long does it take for them to contact the first time. I called twice, am I just pissing her off. Will there be certain forms for comm...

Ex contacted during NC, what to do? [ 9 Answers ]

I tried to find a similar situation in the previous topics but I couldn't so, here's the story... I was married to a man for a few years when I met someone online. I didn't fall for him in the first place as I was married (even though things weren't great) and he was younger than me. I ended up...

My Ex contacted me [ 9 Answers ]

My Story: I'm 21 my ex was 18 I dated this girl for about one and a half years, and then all of a sudden she wanted a break, I took it like it was a break up but she messaged me saying she still loved me it was only to help her think and find herself again (she has always had problems with...

View more questions Search