Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monkeykyi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2011, 10:00 AM
    Determine the cost of ending inventory & the cost of good sold?
    Hi ! I've honestly spent a long time trying to figure this out, but I keep getting the answer wrong and I'm not sure how I should go about this question. I'm not asking for you to just give me the answer, if you have time to give a little explanation that would be nice so I could understand what I'm doing thanks !

Q - Ultra Ltd has the following transaction of inventory, purchase and sale unit, cost and selling price for the month of may.

Date Transaction Unit Cost Selling Price
    May 1 Inventory 800 4.50
    May 6 Purchases 500 4.00
    May 8 Purchase 100 4.40
    May 10 Sales 500 6.50
    May 14 Sales 400 6.50
    May 16 Purchase 350 4.40
    May 18 Purchase 300 5.00
    May 20 Sales 660 7.00
    May 21 Purchase 200 5.20
    May 24 Sales 660 7.00
    May 28 Purchase 100 6.10
    May 30 Sales 160 7.10

At May 31, the physical inventory count shows 100 units of inventory on hand. According to the above transaction, determine the cost of inventory at hand May 31 and the cost of goods sold for May under the following inventory costing methods under the periodic inventory system.
    (1) FIFO Method
    (2) LIFO Method
    (3) Weight Average Method
    (4) Which inventory method should be uses of the Ultra Ltd give the highest profit according to calculation under periodic inventory system?

Check out some similar questions!

Calculate cost of goods sold, ending inventory, & gross profit for LIFO, FIFO & [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have tried this example several times but do not seem to get the correct answer . I would appreciate your help with this one. Thanks: Twin Co. is a retailer operating which uses the perpetual inventory method. All sales returns from customers result in the goods being returned to...

Ending inventory & cost of goods sold [ 1 Answers ]

Eddings Company had a beginning inventory of 400 units of Product XNA at a cost of $11.28 per unit. During the year, purchases were: Feb. 20 600 units @ $12.09 May 5 500 units @ $12.92 Aug. 12 300 units @ $13.79 Dec. 8 200 units @ $14.75 Eddings Company uses a periodic inventory...

Cost of Goods Sold/Ending Inventory [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I need help understanding cost of goods sold. I know that one of the equations I could use to figure out the problem is Cost of goods available minus ending inventory, but what confuses me is finding the ending inventory when using the perpetual inventory system. I have been sitting down...

Find Cost of goods sold and ending inventory using.average cost/FIFO/LIFO [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having a hard time with the fifo and lifo method... of this question Began with 73 yards @ 23 per yard During the month the company made the following purchases. March 3/4 113 yards @ 27 3/12 81 yards @ 29 3/19 167 yards @ 32 3/25 44 yards @ 35

Inventory cost/cost of good sold [ 1 Answers ]

Is inventory cost the same as Cost of good sold? I believe it is but would be grateful for comfirmation.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.