Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steph12399 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2011, 11:57 PM
    Car accident, husband's fault/my car... other people not insured
    Hi,

My husband was at fault (failure to yield) in a car accident (I am the owner) the other people do not have insurance. My insurance will cover my husband only $5,000 for property damage... damage is about $8,000 to their car. Almost 2 weeks later, passenger and driver of other car claiming injury. No cops were called at the time of accident (no police report) and no ambulance was called (during description of accident is when my insurance claimed it was my husband's fault). My insurance notified me that they got an attorney but I shouldn't worry as it doesn't change my case from previously and I do not need my own attorney because "that's what they are they for". Also, my husband's insurance expired 5 days before! We moved and he forgot to send a change of address so secondary coverage is not an option. What happens now? I want to just pay the $3k (IF I HAVE TO!) and be done with these jerks! Advice, please! So stressed :(
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 9, 2011, 04:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by steph12399 View Post
    My insurance notified me that they got an attorney but I shouldn't worry as it doesn't change my case from previously and I do not need my own attorney because "that's what they are they for".
    That's right, that's what they are there for. So you let them handle things. You can't get rid of them.

What is the level of liability coverage that you have?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 9, 2011, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by steph12399 View Post
    Hi,

Also, my husband's insurance expired 5 days before! We moved and he forgot to send a change of address so secondary coverage is not an option. (
    Please clarify - what insurance expired, and 5 days before what? Are you saying that your insurance on your car expired 5 days before your husband's accident? Or are you saying that he had a separate auto insurance policy on his car (one not involved in the accident) that had expired?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Determining accident fault? -my parked car involved in multi car parking lot accident [ 15 Answers ]

What happens in a parking lot accident scenario: Car 1 driving (fast) hits Car 2 that is backing out of the parking lot. Car 2 because of the impact now hits Car 3 and Car 4 which were parked to Car 2s' left and right respectively. I have Car 5 and was parked to Car 3's left. My car (Car 5)...

Had a car accident and I'm not insured in Pennsylvania? [ 1 Answers ]

Recently had a car accident and had no insurance in Pennsylvania... what are a few things I could do to avoid a suspension of my licensece

My fault accident, the other driver laid about no of people in the car [ 9 Answers ]

I had a car crash 1.5 years ago. IN THE OTHER CAR WAS JUST ONE PERSON -THE DRIVER.

Car accident who's fault is it? [ 6 Answers ]

I have two questions: Question # 1 If both parties say it was not their fault, how is culpability established (there were no witnesses or police at the scene) Question#2 What if one of the parties does not have insurance, does this make her automatically guilty for driving without...

Car Accident wasn't My Fault [ 19 Answers ]

I was involved in a car accident.. I was a passenger I received injuries pcl torn in my right knee laceration to me forehead and top of my head down to my skull.. I have hospital bills of 40,000.The insurrance ajuster just told me today that the policy limit is 50,000.. He said that he will have to...

View more questions Search