Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jojocrazymess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2011, 11:40 PM
    How do I get my sister and brother in law out of my apartment
    I let my sister and her husband stay with me it was only supposed to be for like a month or so but it's been like three months and they agreed to pay rent for the time they stay but they haven't paid me this month and they fight and I just want them gone I have told them pay me or leave and they don't want to respond to what I say. How do I get them out of my home if any one knows please help me thank u
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 9, 2011, 04:09 AM
    It doesn't matter who they are. They are your tenants and have to be dealt with as tenants. So I've moved this to the appropriate forum.

You need to file the eviction process according to local law (ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area. ).

First you give them a written pay or quit notice given them 3-10 days (the time depends on local law) to pay up or vacate. If they do neither, then you go to your local housing court and file for an eviction order.

The problem with a pay or quit is they can pay and stay. So if you want them totally out, you give them a termination of tenancy notice (again the time frame depends on local law). If they don't leave by the deadline, then again you file for an eviction order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Demanding Sister in Law (brother-in-law wife) [ 1 Answers ]

Ever since I got engaged to my fiancé his brother's wife has not stopped making comments about me. Initially it was about my weight, which I admit was a problem, but I have since lost it. Then she began talking to my parents about how much more I am getting from the family in wedding presents etc...

Father abuse all my sister and fracture my brother in law head need help [ 3 Answers ]

My father is very abuse to all my sister and my mother since we were a child however I came here to the US at age 15 and got married then I sponspor my mom and dad thinking my dad will come here in the us and his behaviour will be good but instead he came here in the US and created a lot of...

Sister in law left my brother for another man [ 4 Answers ]

She just left my brother last week and took everything he had bought with his own money. They were married for like a year and half, have one child before they married. She is 4 years old and they were off and on before they got married. The reason he didn't try to stop her from taking everything...

Can my ex-sister in law force my brother to sell? [ 6 Answers ]

Ok.. first off he lives in PA... 2nd... his wife ran off with another man, leavng him to fend for himself with the mortgae and all sorts of bills. Well after 5yrs of him living there and paying off the past debt and keeping up with the mortgage payment( albeit with help of a live in girlfriend...

My sister in law is looking for her brother. [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for ancestors of this person. She went by Eleonore Schlund born 04-03-1939. Not sure of the year of birth. She had a child male born 1954-55 and a female born 05-17-1956. She was adopted and moved to the United States at birth or shortly afterwards. She was given to DeForest Wood and...

View more questions Search