Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    m_henderson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2011, 08:55 PM
    French bulldog puppy throwing up, what is the problem?
    My french bulldog is almost 4 months old. And we have had him for almost a month. He has not stopped throwing up since we got him, it is usually clear or foamy and sometimes has just a few pieces of kibble in it, we have took him to the vet countless of times and they say he is clear , but I just can't believe that. Because they haven't checked for everything. But it usually only happens when he gets excited or drinks quit a bit. But we lowered how much we give him in water. We only give him about an 1/8 of a cup of water every hour or so. It seems to help a little but he is still vomiting frequently.
    Any answer I would greatly appreciate.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2011, 10:43 PM
    Honestly there are a lot of things that can cause vomiting after eating and it would be impossible to give you a difinitive answer online.

I'm not a fan of posting links but this site has great detail into the causes of vomiting and offers some suggestions as the what the problem may be:

Causes of Vomiting - Why Your Dog is Vomiting

I will add though, has he been on the same food the whole time? It could be a dietary problem. It could also be a problem with the throat, have you tried feeding him from an elevated bowl before?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Nov 9, 2011, 05:48 AM
    Have the tested for regurgitation problems? The most common reason for regurgitation is an obstruction, but I would assume they did x-rays and such? When he vomits is it forceful with a lot of retching and drooling and is it accompanied by yellow bile and sour smelling? Or is it mostly undigested food in large solid like clumps?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a 1yr old french bulldog he was eating out of his dish fine, [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1yr old french bulldog. A show dog at that, he went to a show one weekend and from then on suddenly has refused to eat out his bowl,or any kind of dish, paper towel, or off the floor I have tried everything he will eat the same food out of your hand,I don't want to see him lose weight,...

My french bulldog throws up phlegm every morning [ 9 Answers ]

My french bulldog throws up phlegm every morning

Sick english bulldog puppy [ 5 Answers ]

Good day, My english bull puppy( Rocco) have heart problems and the vet said that he will live only 4 years. That kills me, so attach to it, so great friend. What should I do? Is he going to suffer for 4 years, struggle to breath, sudden death or what? I am lost and very upset about the whole...

My new french bulldog puppy suddenly doesn't want to eat [ 0 Answers ]

Past 4 days he eating well.Only yesterday he don't want to eat.But I still manage to give him some milk.he having worms in stool & he look weak.his stool was normal yesterday.Can we deworm him while he is not active? Tq

Sleepy gassy english bulldog puppy [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, We just purchased a loverly english bulldog puppy however on the third day of her of her arrival at our home, she has become very gassy, sleepy and lethargic. Please advise whether you have any suggestions... Thank you...

View more questions Search