Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gatnus Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2004, 01:31 PM
    Gap between cabinets and gas range
    How do I go about filling in a gap between my gas range and a cabinet. The gap is 25 inches length but the space near the front of the gas range is 1/2 inch and it gets narrower as the gap approaches the wall (1/8 inch). I am afraid food would drop in there and there would be no way to clean it out.
    Same problem between cabinet and refrigerator except in reverse. Front of gap is abot 1/8 inch, gap near back wall is about 1 inch. Length is same 25 inches.
    Any way to resolve this problem? Cabinets and gas range cannot be moved.

Please contact me at [email protected] with your comments.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2004, 08:12 PM
    Normally both ranges and refrigerators can be moved a little to eliminate such gaps. Can you pull them out for cleaning and servicing?

You could look for a thin strip of metal or plastic trim and put it over the gap letting it overlap more where the gap is narrower. Doing a nice job would be tough, but you could rip a piece of wood to fit. You could crumple newspaper down into the gap, and caulk it level. Again, a nice job would be tough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

G.E. Gas range [ 1 Answers ]

I need help, from a gas range repair tech. I need to replace the insulation that goes around the oven,top, sides, and back. A critter got in it and it now stinks bad! My question, can I use regular fibreglass insulation, the kind used in home's? If I remove the paper, or do I need to use the...

Indicator lights on Hotpoint Range [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We picked up a used Hotpoint range the other day. After plugging it in we tested the oven and the burners. Everything seems to be working fine except for the indicator lights. When the oven dial is set to OFF, the oven indicator light turns on. When the dial is set to anything else (BAKE,...

Jenn Air Range Hood [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a new Jenn-Air hood (JXT5830) to install over the range in my kitchen. I then connected the wires as per the instructions, but none of the front lights or functions worked. The company is the worst imaginable-- no help at all to installers, so I must rely on my friends here. I connected...

Recessed Range Outlet... [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Group, & TK!:D I was wondering if I can install a Range outlet by just nailing the outlet between 2 nailers and if I truly need a box, and if I do, what size box should I use, because the standard junction, ceiling, and outlet boxes don't seem to fit on the outlet itself. Any help really...

View more questions Search