Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Painismygame Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Nov 8, 2011, 04:56 PM
    Too old for Gymnastics
    Hi. Im 13 and started gymnastics about 3 months ago, but I had done gymnastics before when I was 4 or 5 Im about to move up to level 4 soon. Is there any chance for my gymnastics career. Im guessing I'll move up quick because I have all my skills for all events its all up to the head coach though. I just don't know if I'll go anywhere with my career. My ultimate goal is college gymnastics. PLEASE HELP!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 8, 2011, 05:02 PM
    You won't be able to make a living as a gymnast. Rather, you will have to expand your talents into sports in general, possibly as a sports coach. Please look at this article in the current Occupational Outlook Handbook:

Athletes, Coaches, Umpires, and Related Workers
    Painismygame Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Nov 8, 2011, 05:09 PM
    Thanks. Oh and another thing I wouldn't be the oldest one on the level 4 team, and I had done gymnastics for 4 or 5 years before. Thanks for the response and I'll definitely take a look thank you. I also like acting so I could pursue that. :)
    itssophie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2011, 07:21 PM
    You might not be doing gymnastics or live off it but you are never too old for Gymnastics!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gymnastics [ 2 Answers ]

Who has the best college gymnastics team?

Too old for gymnastics? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 20 years old and I would really like to get involved in gymnastics. Is 20 too old? I can do a bridge either starting from the ground or standing and putting only one hand on the ground, but that is about the limit of my flexibility right now. I can also do forward rolls and the backward...

Gymnastics help [ 1 Answers ]

I take tumbling classes at an all star gym but they say I am so close to getting my back handspring.. and I feel like I am but they keep telling me to be mmore aggressive and when I do it to snap my legs down right after the handstand... I just wanted to know if there was any other ways to help...

Help with gymnastics [ 3 Answers ]

Dear people reading this, I have some questions about gymnastics.I'm just starting and I need help on how to prepare myself for cartwheels,roundoffs and backhandspring before going to a teacher.Pleeezzzzzzzzzz help me Love addy

Gymnastics [ 4 Answers ]

How many girls age 13 will compete Level 7 in California this season?

View more questions Search