Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevans411 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2011, 02:57 PM
    How to not be scared of a backhandspring?
    I had just learned how to do a backhand spring and 2 days after I was doing it and I just had a mental block and I couldn't do it anymore. How can I over come my fear?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2011, 03:00 PM
    Do you have spotters that you trust to help you? Sometimes it is just a matter of making yourself go for it. Remind yourself that you already know what to do, and picture it in your mind.

Is there anyone that you could show how to do one? Sometimes being the one to teach someone else can help as you are more focused on making sure that they know what to do and what it should look like.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 8, 2011, 03:07 PM
    What does your block involve? -- fear of falling flat? Fear of crashing into something? Fear of being unable to complete the spring? Make sure the way is clear, use mats to cushion the springing space (during practice), and like Doula suggested, use spotters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Backhandspring [ 19 Answers ]

I have been cheerin for 4 yrs and I'm on one of the top allstar teams in Indiana. I can do everything except for tumble. Actually, I can tumble very well but mentally I cant. I can do backhandsprings and tucks with someone only placing their pinky lightly on my back, but the second they take their...

How do you do a backhandspring? [ 2 Answers ]

I can't do a backhanspring because I can not go back into the position of a backhandspring. Its really hard and I don't have a spotter and I have to do it at home because I don't go to tumbling classes.

Backhandspring. [ 3 Answers ]

I am on a pop warner team and I was at practice the other night and a girl on my team spotted me on my backhandspring and... I bent my arms and hit my head. Like 2 practices ago I was so close... I did not bend my arms at all my feet were together it was like really good. Now its horrible. So...

Backhandspring! TRYOUTS in 2 DAYS! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I'm a pop warner cheerleader and I am trying-out this Monday the 19th for my middle school team. I had a tumbling lesson today and I knda got my backhandspring... like I can do my backhandspring on a squishier than the floor but not like a really padded mat. But when my instructor asked me...

View more questions Search