Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Drewtg7 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2011, 04:48 AM
    Girlfriend wants time to think? Second time in a week? Girls please help?
    Hi there,

Me and my girlfriend are both 22 and have been together now for 4 months. We were getting along great until I got drunk a few times and started an argument for no reason. This scared her a bit which is understandable so she said she wanted some space. I gave her this space and last Friday she texted saying that can we start a fresh and that things will be better now. I agreed with this.

Saturday she texted me saying that she misses me and Sunday we met up for a few drinks with friends.
    We had a great day Sunday and Monday morning all was fine when she left to go home. Then she starts saying that she doesn't know if she wants us Monday night and that she needs time to think again. I don't know what is going on as I was OK to start a fresh.
    I don't know what to do, do I not contact her first? And reply to her texts calmly. Or should I ignore this girl for a few days and let her dwell on it? OR do I stand my ground and say I'm not putting up with this as at the moment I'm getting a horrible feeling that I'm being played.
    I just really don't know what to do, I'm usually the type to say thanks for nothing and see you but with this girl I'm sat here wanting her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 8, 2011, 03:12 PM
    Maybe you go back to your old type, or give her what she asked for and go about your business, and do your own thing while she figures herself out.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2011, 04:55 PM
    I would suggest to give her time to calm down about what happened, you probably roughed her up badly and she is still having a minor trauma, let her calm down and talk to her about where this is going. If after a couple weeks she still seems undecided, then end the relationship and move on, there is nothing more stressful than being in a relationship with a kid that doesn't know what she wants.

Nov 9, 2011, 07:09 AM
    I haven't texted her for the past day and a half. And I haven't heard anything from her either. Should I stick to no contact? Is this the best way to go about it? What should I text her when I text her about things and when should I do it? Just confused and want to play this one right as I have normally just got on with it and left other girls behind. I really appreciate the help.

Nov 9, 2011, 07:29 AM
    Or do I play it by having no contact until she contacts me first? And go about thinking if she really still wants the relationship she will contact me?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused with my girlfriend giving me hard time for space and time situation.. [ 28 Answers ]

Hi my name is Glenn, and I've been with my girlfriend for 4 years and 2 months but we broke up its been 4 months for the reason that she stop calling or texting me for 2 weeks and I jump into conclusion that she have been cheating in that span of time so I broke up with her, but then I realize I...

Girlfriend told me she needs "me time and time to think"... What does she mean? [ 6 Answers ]

So I have been dating this girl for about 2 1/2 months and it has been very good she says she loves me and I love her too but she recently told me that she needs "me time and time to think". What does she mean by this? She had someone close to her die a couple months ago (her ex) and its still...

How much time to girls need? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been dating my girlfriend for a year and a half. Thing have been good. We are very loving to each other. Since last Christmas we started arguing some what regularly. Some of it has to do with her drinking. I get frustrated but we end up talking things out and all is well. But this happens...

How much time and how many days out of the week do you see your boyfriend/girlfriend? [ 10 Answers ]

How much time do you spend with your boyfriend or girlfriend and how many days out of the week do you see your boyfriend or girlfriend? I know it varies, but I think that if you both live in the same proximity (30 min or less) you should still be able to see each other at least twice a week or...

Girlfriend cheating with other girls, over a long period. [ 6 Answers ]

Hey there guys and girls. Just registered on this forum, I really need some advice on this subject I have here. My girlfriend and I are fairly young (16), and have been in a strong relationship now over approximately 9 months. Everything has been going well, until a drunken night came along and...

View more questions Search