Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john17my Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Nov 7, 2011, 10:13 PM
    Achieving fame is not a goal of social work...
    In my university there is a organization called AID. It is an social working foundation. By working under this foundation students can do different projects like cleaning college premises,helping poors etc. but this organization charges 100 RS per head for registration purpose. They also does not provides the necessary aid to student for completing their project.
    So six of my friends registered for this foundation. They commenced with their project. It was to clean some part of college primises which is full of shrubs and weeds.
    So they completed their project. All the staff appreciated their work. Then after two days it was printed on the newspaper's front page.
    But I totally disagreed with their contribution. There are many reasons for me to be disagreed with..
    1)they have cleaned only a limited area i.e. approx 5 percent of total college campus and on newspaper it is printed as syudents turned a whole messy campus into a study garden. Their contribution is cleaning of 5% of total area but on newspaper it is given as whole campus (1). Also according to me ,it is not necessary to waste a front page of newspaper for such a small task or project. It is a waste. It doesn't makes any sense.

2)they are feeling proud on their work. They thinks that they have made something great out of this.

3) they have attached a big board in front of their project which contains thie names. Acoording to me if you really want to do some social work then why to disclose your name?

4) there are lack of books in our library. Students are not able to refer the books which tey needed because of this. But no one thinks about this issue. Bcoz they will not achieve fame by carrying such projects.

5) there is a child labour in our canteen. Those children's are helpless but no one thinks about them.

6) the organization which they have joined is a big organization but why it charges 100 Rs per head.. Also after paying such amount student only have to carry out their projects at their own. The organisation does not provides any aid.

7) I totally diagree with this because 90 percent of students joins such organisation to become famous. Not for helping others or cleaning the college campus.

8) six of my friend have joined it only to become famous in college.

9 I'm a very frank person. I cannot simply lie to anyone. When they asked me about how I feels about their project so told them that " see I'm not telling that you people are wrong. You all have done a good job. But I don't think that it is so important that it has printed in the newspaper. It is a simple project.
    But they thinks that I'm feeling jealousy..

So what to tell them now?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 7, 2011, 10:26 PM
    It sounds like the purpose of AID is not to encourage social services but to get memberships and funds (students pay to be eligible to do "social work projects" and to be praised for their "contribution"). Unfortunately, nothing you say will change this.

Is there some way you could start your own project (for the library maybe?) and get other students involved?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Life before fame - the anagrams predict [ 2 Answers ]

How did they arrive at the status they attained? Mario Andretti grew up during the peak of "TOT RIDER MANIA". Danica Patrick was surely, at some point, a "KID CAR CAPTAIN". A young Dale Earnhardt gained sponsors in hopes of one day wearing a "REAL DARNED HAT". Richard Petty won his first car in a...

Social Work [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My name is Amy and I am wondering if there are any social workers here who wouldn't mind answering a few questions I have to ask? Please let me know if you would be okay with that. Amy

Madden 08 superstar/hall of fame mode [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently ended my first season in the superstar mode in Madden 2008. My problem is that I am not included in the second season. My player is not included in the games but I receive messages from my coaches about how great I have done. Do you know how to get my player back on the...

2006 Hall of Fame [ 3 Answers ]

It was announced last night on Mondat Night Raw Brett Hart and Eddie Guerrero will be inducted int o the Hall Of Fame..

View more questions Search