Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ldebret Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2004, 10:12 AM
    Constant pressure kitchen sprayer
    I'm looking for a sprayer(such as a kitchen sink sprayer) to connect to a Reverse Osmosis filter to rinse my hair, (we have a salty well) I have a variable speed aux. pump installed to supply this sprayer and my ice maker. I'm having a hard time coming up with a sprayer that will take continuous pressure. Any Ideas?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 29, 2004, 10:25 AM
    Hair Sprayer
    Any Home Depot or most hardware stores will carry replacement sprayers for a kitchen sink. The sprayer hose terminates in a 1/8" male thread so you may have to adapt to your aux. pump. To tell you more or give you tips on how to connect I'll need to know the fitting your pump has for you to connect to. Regards, Tom

Oct 29, 2004, 10:39 AM
    Sprayer
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately all the kitchen sprayers I've found will leak under constant pressure over the long term. They are only designed to handle pressure when the sink faucet is on, when the pressure is reduced due to the diversion through the faucet. When the faucet is off, no pressure to the sprayer.
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 29, 2004, 12:36 PM
    Hair sprayer & hose
    Well I've come up with something that don't cost a arm and leg.
    Made for pets but if you won't tell I won't. Click or paste the link up on your address bar. http: //www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=25343743 02023689&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302026059&PR ODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441779720&bmUID=1079095287 145

Oct 29, 2004, 01:13 PM
    Sprayer
    I doubt if this will please the lady of the house. Did you find something else that did cost an arm and a leg? Not that money is no problem, it's just that we spent a fair amount on bath fixtures (Grohe) and need to somewhat tie in with that.
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 30, 2004, 06:35 AM
    Sprayer
    Have you considered adding a inline shut off valve between the hose and sprayer unit or coming out of your R O filter unit? You could shut off that pressure on the sprayer unit after using and have it at your fingertips when you wish to activate it.
    Brasscraft makes several 1/8" inline valves for under 10$. They come in three flavors. Female threads-FF200-2 Male threads- V401-2 or the one I think would work for you, Male to female threads-V402-2.
    Now you can install the sprayer of your choice without any pressure worries. Good luck and let me know what you decide. Tom
    not handy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 02:45 PM
    No water from faucet only sprayer
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 6, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by not handy
    no water from faucet only sprayer
    Remove the aerator from the spout and check and clean the screens. Better now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen Sink Sprayer blew off [ 5 Answers ]

HELP - I have the sprayer hose in my hand, I read out the diverter thing, if I put my finger over where the sprayer goes water will come out of the spout. I sprayer coupling appears to be still attached under the sink. Can I get help with a quick fix? I can't get it off, any suggestions to how I...

Kitchen sink sprayer [ 3 Answers ]

My kitchen sink sprayer will spray but only a trickle comes out. I seem to have no pressure. Can you help me fix this.

Loss of pressure for kitchen sink sprayer [ 17 Answers ]

My kitchen sink spray was working all right, plenty of pressure until I had a new faucet installed. The faucet has pressure (as before the change) but when I use the sprayer it goes down to almost a trickle. Before the change the faucet and sprayer had good pressure, now, only the sprayer has...

Kitchen sink sprayer pulsates [ 1 Answers ]

When we use our kitchen sink sprayer, it pulsates. It never used to do this, it has just started recently. Any thoughts? Thanks, Michele??

View more questions Search