Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newacguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2011, 01:18 PM
    The blower fan tries to start but will not
    I have tested the capacitor and it is fine, how can I test the transformer to see if that's the problem for the blower fan not starting up, it tries to start slowly but no luck then the coils freeze up. I noticed the handler had iced up and after thawing it out then noticed blower fan will not start up. Any ideas.
    Thank you,
    Kelly.
    jemson0105 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 02:13 PM
    Relay
    thermalmedics Posts: 153, Reputation: 13

May 22, 2012, 02:23 PM
    The first thing you want to do is not run it in 'cool' mode when testing it out and troubleshooting. If you keep freezing that coil up and liquid refrig gets back to the compressor than the repair will quickly add a 0 on to the end of the tab.

instead use the 'fan' on mode on t-stat

the transformer etc is a dead end because you have control voltage at the t-stat.

the relay could be a problem (low probability) because they usually stick on or off. No in between.

can you disconnect the wires from the fan motor and test the voltage there on a demand for the fan at the t-stat?

you should have 120 or 240 what ever your air handler uses. If so and the run cap is positively good than your motor is bad. Can you give the motor a budge (without losing a finger or two) to get the squirrl cage going?

when you check the voltage at the motor make sure you are getting the voltage you need and it is also not dropping off

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower fan will start and shut down [ 0 Answers ]

Wires burnt to unit-i repaired wiring,and installed 3 amp fuse-blower I have to push relay to get outside fan to come on,blower fan will come on and will cut off instantly

Blower/Fan motor will not start on it's own Lennox G8 [ 0 Answers ]

My Lennox G8 blower/fan motor sometimes fails to start. When it does this it makes a humming noise. If I bump it or help it by turning the pulley it will start. I was thinking the start capacitor? Am I close maybe? It's a newer motor. Any ideas? Thanks!

Compressor and blower fan won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is wil43 my question is this What is the problem when the condensing fan motor comes on and the compressor is not running?

T-start fan on/furnace blower on, AC w/fan on/auto, blower off [ 8 Answers ]

If no cool or heat, just fan on, there has blower start in furnace; While in air conditioner, regardless fan on or auto, there will be no indoor blower on at all; While outside condenser and its fan seems fine. I lready jump wires G, RC and Y in T-start, won't see any difference. By the...

Blower Fan noise / slow to start [ 3 Answers ]

Last night I heard a rumbling noise coming from the closet in the hallway where our Trane XE80 gas furnace (April 1996) is located. With the door open the noise appeared to be coming from the blower area. We are in the heat of summer so, to stop the system, I set the temperature on the...

View more questions Search